I would like to start selling item on ebay but it is very confusing.

Hi  I would like to sell lots of item on ebay but after looking it over it is very confusing to say the least. After reading review from other ebayer and where they got screwed excuse my language it make me very nervous that the selection I choose especially in the area of shipping from Canada I can get taken or lose my item. It would be nice if there where someone in Kelowna that could led a hand in getting me started and to better understand Ebay method and ways of selling item. I am fighting Leukemia but with what I see it can be very stressful.  I need help to better understand the rules and regulation of Ebay and as to how we get paid. Even my wife has difficulty to understand the content. We need valuable help please as to get started without having difficulty. I can be reached at
Thank You
Paul
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

I would like to start selling item on ebay but it is very confusing.

The moderators removed your email for your protection.

Selling on eBay can be complex in the details, but it is fairly simple in the basics.

-Know what you sell: sell what you know.

-Don't sell items you don't have in your hands. Describe them carefully as if you have no pictures. Picture them thoroughly as if you have no words.

-Use Calculated Shipping for any item that is too large to be sent LetterMail. (over 500 grams and 2cm thick). Use metric measurements.

-You have 80 keystrokes for your Title. This is your best advertising. Use them wisely

- Sell in US dollars.

-Don't ship overseas for at least a year.

-Don't mention your illness in your listings. Most won't care: they are customers not friends. Some will think you are lying (sadly there are a lot of scammers using illness as an excuse for poor service).

-List with the Sell Your Item form. It's as straightforward as any of the others.

- Use the Free Listings as much as possible.

You have been doing some buying here, by your feedback. What were the best transactions you had? What were the worst?

Treat your customers as you would like to be treated.

Well, maybe I'm not a fancy gentleman like you, with your... very fine hat. But I do business. We're here for business.-- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Message 2 of 2
latest reply