Item sold to a country I don't ship to.

My item just sold in Texas and the buyer is asking for the invoice, he gave me a separate e-mail address to send the invoice to as well for some reason. The weird thing is I specifically setup the listing to "Shipping to Canada." I also made sure I clicked on the No International Shipping option on my listing. Did I do something wrong for my item to be seen in the US page? I'm a new seller so I sent a request to cancel the transaction. Will I need to pay something? What's the policy on that? Can I possibly not get fined for that?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Is this the sneakers? You are correct they ship to Canada only according to your page but I'm thinking you forget to check the box in your Account preferences that says 'block buyers whose countries I don't ship to'.

Cancel your order citing Problem with the Buyer Address.

You shouldn't be dinged for this.

For future reference, I would not hesitate to sell runners (with tracking) to the USA. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Go to Account and then Site Preferences and then Buyer Requirements. Try these settings. You might want to set the limit on the final one to be lower than mine.

Buyer requirements 
Block buyers who:
Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 12 Month(s)
Have a primary shipping address in a location I don't ship to
Have 4 Policy Violation report(s) within 6 Month(s)
Are currently winning or have bought 25 of my items in the last 10 days
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

he gave me a separate e-mail address to send the invoice to as well for some reason.

That's a little worrying. It probably wouldn't concern me (books , stamps, dress patterns) but sneakers are a high fraud category.

It would be a good idea to make sure that your customers' eBay and PayPal postal addresses match. You should only be shipping to the eBay address for Seller Protection coverage.

You may get a Defect for cancelling. It depends on the reason you chose.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply