Item value must have shipping service with sufficient protection or ebay now block the calculation

I AM STUMPED, BLASTED & SHOCKED !

Ebay.com block ALL shipping options, and show "shipping can not be calculated for your location" (and probably the item from the search engine) if the item value do not meet the protection value of that specific shipping service.

That means that my few high value items, that are over 1000$CAD, (ex:  252719920772 at 1099.00$) specifically for the US market, can not be calculated with 

1-Expedited parcel USA, as the maximum insurance is 1000$

2- Xpresspost USA as the maximum is also 1000$

In that item exemple (252719920772), on ebay.ca both expedited & xpresspost appears to be ship to 90210 (from H!G 4Y4) at a rates of 67.30$/102.52$

on ebay.com, the same item have no shipping services appearing, as the item value is 1099$ and both expedited & xpresspost services have maximum 1000$ limit, so the item is "not shippable to USA" due to lack of shipping protection.

That'smeans all my higher prices items, intended for European & Australian market are kick out of ebay because they are all over 1000$ and insurance protection is maximum 1000$

Same apply for ALL items that have more than 100$ value, with Tracked packet !

Another tsunamie on hundreds of my items!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT IS THAT  

This could be the major cause of non-visibility, slow & poor sales for all of US

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Item value must have shipping service with sufficient protection or ebay now block the calculation

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

that's explain why my last 3-months sales are only low value items under 100$.....
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

another exemple with  (ebay item# 252483023843)

This keypad have sale price of 354.99$

to  be ship to 90210

2 services for USA are set:

Tracked packet (max 100$ cover)

& xpresspost post (max 1000$ cover)

On ebay.com, tracked packet service is hide from shipping option, and only Xpresspost service is available due to limitation of 100$coverage vs. 354.99$ item value.  

On ebay.ca, both USA services are calculated correctly,

see my screen capture

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

That seems illogical since ebay has no way of anticipating what additional insurance a seller may legitimately purchase after the fact (but prior to shipment from a third-party provider such as u-pic) in addition to the amount included in the postal service. To block a shipping calculation due to insurance value seems counterproductive and counterintuitive. Weight and dimensions, yes, those are inarguable but included insurance or the included insurance cap cap makes no sense to me. It can only be a glitch. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Tracked packet can not buy more coverage..it's 100$ max. Also expedited & xpresspost both comes with 100$ basic coverage...but max is 1000$ for USA shipment...

I hope I am wrong and as you said... it is only a glitch...but I am affraid of not
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Hi I think it is just an ebay glitch, on ebay.com for (252719920772) I do see shipping to USA 90210 as example

shipping.PNG

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Another one over 1000$:

on .ca I see
expedited at 96.85$
Xpresspost at 150.04$

on .com
NOTHING (as both services have 1000$ maximum coverage)
It seems that nohing appears only when the search result is at "best match"
When putting the sort to : price + shipping: lowest first and I click on the item, the red error code "Shipping can not be calculated, please neter a valid ZIP code"

I've got screen capture of that but can not put it here
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

"sleco69 sleco69 (Community Member)
12:05 PM
Tracked packet can not buy more coverage..it's 100$ max. Also expedited & xpresspost both comes with 100$ basic coverage...but max is 1000$ for USA shipment..."

I'm talking about buying extra coverage through a third-party insurer like u-pic which I mentioned above or shipinsure which is another. That's a valid method of topping up one's insurance on a parcel so I don't see as how eBay enforcing insurance limits for postal
Services makes any sense. I think this is a glitch, or misunderstood, and I encourage you to call Customer Service and report it as a technical bug issue.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply