No tracking number to mark on listing and flagged "item not shipped"

I am sending a small value item (a few bucks) out by letter post and there is no point paying 2 times more the item value for a tracking number. I didn't enter any tracking number at the listing and eBay marked the listing as "item not shipped".

How to enter a tracking number when there is none?

What is the consequence of being flagged "item not shipped" even if the buyer receives it?

What to do if being flagged?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

You can still mark the item as shipped manually. Go to the item page of your sold item & on the top left corner you have a choice of what you want to check off. Mark As Shipped is one of the options. It doesn't show it on my example below because I had already clicked on mark as shipped when I sent my item.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Without tracking, as you probably know, if an unhappy or dishonest buyer complains that he did not receive the doohickey, the seller is required to refund or get a Defect.

With the defect, eBay pays the buyer and comes after the seller for their money.

However, unlike US sellers, Canadian sellers do not have to track 90% of shipments to hold TopRatedSeller status, with its various discounts.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

For items I ship without tracking I just click on Mark as shipped from the More actions menu next to the sold item (*) -- you do not have to enter a tracking number if you don't have one.

(*) - As viewed on a desktop computer.

-..-

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You can still mark the item as shipped manually. Go to the item page of your sold item & on the top left corner you have a choice of what you want to check off. Mark As Shipped is one of the options. It doesn't show it on my example below because I had already clicked on mark as shipped when I sent my item.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Without tracking, as you probably know, if an unhappy or dishonest buyer complains that he did not receive the doohickey, the seller is required to refund or get a Defect.

With the defect, eBay pays the buyer and comes after the seller for their money.

However, unlike US sellers, Canadian sellers do not have to track 90% of shipments to hold TopRatedSeller status, with its various discounts.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

For items I ship without tracking I just click on Mark as shipped from the More actions menu next to the sold item (*) -- you do not have to enter a tracking number if you don't have one.

(*) - As viewed on a desktop computer.

-..-

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thank you all for the helpful information. I have marked my items as shipped. My item is only less than 5 dollars, so I won't loose too much in the worst case. I do ship with tracking numbers for other items.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply