One INR case, three different Escalation Deadlines?

Hope everyone is having a safe and happy Thanksgiving Day 🙂

Can anyone please advise me which on which to use of the three (3) INR escalation deadlines ebay has given me?

I paid 10 days ago, Expedited USPS Priority 2-3 day delivery (tracking included), plus of course the 2 days sellers handling time.

There's been no tracking number uploaded (and I do understand not all sellers provide buyers that courtesy, so I've waited). But this means I can't tell if my item ever shipped, plus I'm having a difficult time contacting my seller through the usual routes. If not for that one pre-sale reply in my messages, I couldn't have contacted the seller at all, that is what concerns me most -- a little lateness is no big deal, and with a word of assurance from the seller that it shipped (or even just a wordlessly uploaded tracking number in reply) would ordinarily suffice.

Using the drop-down menu to use "Contact Seller" with a question nets a red flag screen "message cannot be sent at this time." Every time.

So then I tried doing the copy/paste quickie message input method, just in case my send window simply timed out, but that failed as well. Every time.

So then I tried Advanced Search / find a member contact information; this also was denied. My request for contact information meets the requirements, so I don't know what's going on with that, either. My repeat requests fail. Every time.

I used the single pre-sale message from the seller as a way to send them messages about my after-sale concern. (I'd asked about packaging and shipping methods. The seller replied to my pre-sale inquiry enthusiastically, so this total silence and apparent lack of any action on his part afterwards is concerning.) Ordinarily, I would be fine with no after-sale communications.

But I haven't received my item, have no way to determine if it shipped.

After some days of "back channel" messages sent through pre-sale correspondence with no reply or tracking data forthcoming, I opened an INR request.

My problem is this: ebay's Resolution center screen stated Dec. 1 as the first day to escalate the case. Ebay messaging through inbox stated Dec. 4. Ebay summary page notation near the item in purchase history gives yet another date, Dec. 3rd, I think.

Which date am I supposed to use? I really don't expect a reply from the seller, in fact, I have a serious concern that he may be out of commission in some way, contrasting his current silence with his universally good feedback and very courteous pre-sale reply to me before. I think he's probably a very good seller, but he's not responding, I can't get alternate contact information out of ebay's Advance Search, and there's no item and no tracking info.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Contact the seller by email using the same email address you used for the PayPal payment.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you for the helpful advice, pierrelebel. So I did that now.

But still not sure it will reach him; the paypal transaction details didn't show my seller's name anywhere. The details showed an unverified knot vending company name. The email looked..odd. A bunch of periods, with nothing even close or resembling the name he signed in his ebay message.

Googling the seller's given name found one older gentleman in the town of record for the listing. I sincerely hope he's well. It would be a relief to me just to know that much. Other details I'll deal with later. His first (only) message was very kind, not at all the sort to bail out early for no good reason.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving, pierre. I'm grateful for your help.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

One other thing that has me worried about him: his appreciative feedbacks continue to roll in for his seller ID..from sales he made just prior to mine. All of them glowing. So his absence really isn't like him.
😞
Message 4 of 4
latest reply