Payment for Adult Only magazines

I'm trying to list Adult Magazines on EBAY USA but it seems that I can only accept Money orders as payments and not use  PAYPAL. Am I doing something wrong ? I thought PAYPAL was the only accepted form of payment...Furthermore, I see hundreds of ADULT magazines with the Paypal payment option.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Are you going by what you are told, or have you actually tried using PP as the payment method?

I believe that PP is dropping some of their restrictions, now that they are no longer part of eBay, and as the legal problems they had with gambling sites have become history.

And no, you can accept other methods of payment, but you must offer at least one electronically visible method, such as direct Visa or MasterCard, or PaisaPay (which may only be available in India) and a few others.

You can't demand cash or money orders, but the buyer can offer this.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I know little to nothing about the category but the situation you describe leads me to think it has something to do with a paypal account which may or may not be linked to your seller ID? And I don't think you're allowed to accept Money Order since they can't be traced. It has to be some form of an electronically traced payment. This is the payment offerings rule for ebay.com:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/accepted-payments-policy.html

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

mjwl

The seller can ACCEPT any form of payment, but she cannot DEMAND a form of payment that is not electronically visible.

The exception is cash on pickup.

The seller's problem with money order, cash or cheque payments is that they may never arrive. (That's been my experience) And of course they build in a delay to receive and/or clear.

The buyer's problem with non-electronic payments is that he cannot prove online that the seller received the payment. So if she is crooked, the seller can take the money and never send anything. EBay can't help because there is no proof of payment.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply