Payment

I have never sold on e-bay before so I have a couple questions. If my item sells how do I receive payment. If it doesn't sell am I charged a fee? I do have a pay pal account.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Payment

If my item sells how do I receive payment.

The buyer is given your PP address and pays into that.

Now, as a new seller, PP will Hold your customers' payments for 21 days. Don't Panic.

This is not personal, it is a Buyer Protection policy and applies to all new and occasional sellers.

While the money is being held, you are still expected to ship promptly.

When you are told by email from PP that the buyer has paid, go to your PP account. (On general principles, don't do this from the email. Do it from Google or from your eBay Sold page.)

You will be guided through making a PP shipping label.

The payment for the label will be taken from the Held funds.

Bonus I - There is a discount on many services for these label of 55 to 17% off PO counter prices.

Bonus II- If the money has not really been paid (which is why you don't access PP from that email,eh?) PP will warn you not to print the label.

Downside-- You can't print off LetterPost labels on PP (or Canada Post). You need stamps for those.

If it doesn't sell am I charged a fee?

Unless you are selling Real Estate or Automobiles, no further fees.

Well-- if you put a Reserve on an auction and the Reserve is not met, you also pay a fee.

But don't use Reserves. Most bidders hate them. Start your items at the price you would be comfortable with, and even if you only have one bidder, you will be content.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Payment

If my item sells how do I receive payment.

The buyer is given your PP address and pays into that.

Now, as a new seller, PP will Hold your customers' payments for 21 days. Don't Panic.

This is not personal, it is a Buyer Protection policy and applies to all new and occasional sellers.

While the money is being held, you are still expected to ship promptly.

When you are told by email from PP that the buyer has paid, go to your PP account. (On general principles, don't do this from the email. Do it from Google or from your eBay Sold page.)

You will be guided through making a PP shipping label.

The payment for the label will be taken from the Held funds.

Bonus I - There is a discount on many services for these label of 55 to 17% off PO counter prices.

Bonus II- If the money has not really been paid (which is why you don't access PP from that email,eh?) PP will warn you not to print the label.

Downside-- You can't print off LetterPost labels on PP (or Canada Post). You need stamps for those.

If it doesn't sell am I charged a fee?

Unless you are selling Real Estate or Automobiles, no further fees.

Well-- if you put a Reserve on an auction and the Reserve is not met, you also pay a fee.

But don't use Reserves. Most bidders hate them. Start your items at the price you would be comfortable with, and even if you only have one bidder, you will be content.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Payment

Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply