Problem with Small Packet Air Calculator

I am finding that there is a huge discrepancy between the shipping costs that  eBay calculates for Small Packet Air and what Canada Post's calculator states that the costs will be.

I'm selling buttons. My parcels are 22 cm x 17 cm x 5 cm and weigh 40 grams. Canada Post's calculator states that the cost to ship to France by SPA will be CD $9.37, but the calculator in my listings states that it will be CD $18.63. That's a whopping $9.26 difference. 

There is also a discrepancy in the figures given for Small Packet Air to the US. Ebay's is CD $10.60 and Canada Post's is CD $8.03. That's a $2.57 difference.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why this is happening? I've been using these calculators for years and I don't think I'm making a mistake that is causing these discrepancies, but anything is possible. Thanks for your help. Laurie. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You need to change the weight in the listings. Your listings are currently set at 500 grams or less. You need to select custom weight from the drop down menu and then enter 250 grams in the space that will appear once you select custom weight. This will also correct pricing for your int'l shipping.

Canada post small packets usa air price scale is as follows:

0-250gram for $8.03CAD

250-500 gram for $10.66CAD

500 to 1 kilo or 1000grams is $16.03CAD

This service does not accept packages over 1 kilogram and package can not exceed volumetric 90cm (ie: 30cmx30cmx30cm)

Hope this helps....

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks for your response. I already do enter custom weights in my listings. In my button listings (which closed with no bids; no surprise there!), I entered a custom weight of 40 grams, and 22 x 17 x 5. The calculator should have worked properly. Maybe this is a technical issue. I'll contact Customer Support and see what they have to say. Laurie.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply