Am I ready to increase my selling limits?

My limit is 10 or $1,000. I currently have 7 items listed ($276 total). 3 items have sold: 1 was picked up locally, one has shipped, and one is awaiting payment from the buyer before shipping. I have a feedback rating of 100% and have 8 positive responses. 

If I called now, would they make me wait until more items have sold or would they increase? I have a lot of stuff waiting to go up, but I don't want to phone too soon, be rejected and have to wait 30 days to call again.

Thanks for your help in advance! 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Am I ready to increase my selling limits?

It's not actually your choice.

The Seller Limits are a Buyer Protection policy, protecting buyers from take the money and run scammers. but also protect new sellers while they learn the ropes of online business.

For example, an astounding number of newbies will post to ask when they will be paid-- because the customer already has received their item.  Yep. They shipped before they were paid.

This is the page I found with selling limits vaguebooked . I'm pretty sure someone will come along with more precise information.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/sellinglimits.html

How limits on certain categories work

For some sellers, we limit the number of items that can be listed in a calendar month in some categories. These limits may apply to your account if:

• It's been less than 90 days since your first successful sale as an eBay seller.

• You haven't sold multiple items in this category before

• You haven't sold in this category in over a year

• Cases have been opened for more than 3% of your total transactions in the last year

I believe new sellers cannot ship outside North America and also have a limit on the number and value of the items they sell.

You can ask eBay, but don't get your hopes up.

Personally I would advise you not to try until you have at least 10 DSRs and know what DSRs are.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply