Buyer trying to purchase but won't allow for US addresses?

Hi there, I have a buyer for item #281788521731 but for some reason it won't let them-it says they have to contact the seller because the seller has not specified shipping cost to the location selected. Am I doing something wrong? I recently started using the advanced listing form. Could this be the reason why? Please help, thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

This has nothing to do with immediate payment.  I checked a few of your listings. You don't have your shipping set up correctly for the various countries that you will ship to.  You have not specified separate shipping for the USA.  After you have entered the info for Canada, then choose USA as a location and enter the shipping specifics only for the US.  Then choose international, the shipping specifics, and then exclusions.  It is not only your shipping to the US that is incomplete.  It appears to me (from a cursory look) that you have specified Tracked Packet International as your only international shipping service.  That will only cover the relatively small number of countries where Canada Post offers this service, while excluding the USA, which is Tracked Packet USA and has a different maximum weight.  When I look at other locations, I get the message that the item will ship to this destination but the seller has not specified shipping options.  Once you have revised one of your listings, go and have a look at it, check the shipping for several destinations, and try again if you don't get all the results you want.  Shipping is the hardest thing to figure out here.

You seem to have rather expensive shipping (where I can find it) for inexpensive articles.  Have you checked your competition in Canada to see how the successful ones are shipping similar products?

Hope this helps, If it is a bit unclear, come back to "Seller Central" with any other questions.  I don't use the eBay listing form, so am not as familiar with it as others here.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

At this point, you will have to do some swift stroking to keep your buyer happy.

Send an apology for the incorrectly calculated shipping.

Go to canadapost.ca and figure out the correct amount for the weight, dimensions and destination of the package. Are you sure Tracked Parcel is the best choice for shipping? You can see other options to compare.

Insert that amount in the invoice you will find under Leave Feedback-> View Order Details

Send the invoice.

Now if that doesn't work-- although it should:

Tell her you will send her a corrected invoice through Paypal's Send Money service.

You have her email right? That's her PP address.

Let her know that PP's Buyer Protection policies are as strong as eBay's. (Actually they are in some ways stronger.)

Then send the PP invoice with the eBay transaction number and title included, and the corrected shipping.

It is still possible that this will scare her off. In that case, just call it a learning experience, and send her a Mutual Cancellation again with apologies from an inexperienced seller.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I think I figured it out. I had checked off "Require immediate payment when buyer uses Buy It Now" I hope this helps someone.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

This has nothing to do with immediate payment.  I checked a few of your listings. You don't have your shipping set up correctly for the various countries that you will ship to.  You have not specified separate shipping for the USA.  After you have entered the info for Canada, then choose USA as a location and enter the shipping specifics only for the US.  Then choose international, the shipping specifics, and then exclusions.  It is not only your shipping to the US that is incomplete.  It appears to me (from a cursory look) that you have specified Tracked Packet International as your only international shipping service.  That will only cover the relatively small number of countries where Canada Post offers this service, while excluding the USA, which is Tracked Packet USA and has a different maximum weight.  When I look at other locations, I get the message that the item will ship to this destination but the seller has not specified shipping options.  Once you have revised one of your listings, go and have a look at it, check the shipping for several destinations, and try again if you don't get all the results you want.  Shipping is the hardest thing to figure out here.

You seem to have rather expensive shipping (where I can find it) for inexpensive articles.  Have you checked your competition in Canada to see how the successful ones are shipping similar products?

Hope this helps, If it is a bit unclear, come back to "Seller Central" with any other questions.  I don't use the eBay listing form, so am not as familiar with it as others here.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

At this point, you will have to do some swift stroking to keep your buyer happy.

Send an apology for the incorrectly calculated shipping.

Go to canadapost.ca and figure out the correct amount for the weight, dimensions and destination of the package. Are you sure Tracked Parcel is the best choice for shipping? You can see other options to compare.

Insert that amount in the invoice you will find under Leave Feedback-> View Order Details

Send the invoice.

Now if that doesn't work-- although it should:

Tell her you will send her a corrected invoice through Paypal's Send Money service.

You have her email right? That's her PP address.

Let her know that PP's Buyer Protection policies are as strong as eBay's. (Actually they are in some ways stronger.)

Then send the PP invoice with the eBay transaction number and title included, and the corrected shipping.

It is still possible that this will scare her off. In that case, just call it a learning experience, and send her a Mutual Cancellation again with apologies from an inexperienced seller.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

BTW, I shouldn't encourage a competitor, but your patters may have been previously owned, but if they are Uncut and Factory Folded, I think they can be honestly listed in Item Specifics as New.

The IS choice is not flexible enough to include Unused with New and Used. That's just wrong.

Also, just for giggles, how about adding the keyword 'caitlyn' to those longline bra titles?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thank you maggiebvintage2010 and reallynicestamps! That helps a lot.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Canuckgirl commented:

I think I figured it out. I had checked off "Require immediate payment when buyer uses Buy It Now" I hope this helps someone.

Since comments seem to disappear when an answer is accepted, I thought this information was useful enough to post as an answer.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply