CLARIFICATION ON HANDLING TIME...

Generally speaking what does eBay consider the handling time window in terms of days of the week.

Is handling time considered, based on Monday-Friday, Saturday?

If the buyer buys something and pays for it on Friday at 5 pm, when does eBay consider the handling to begin. On Friday? Saturday? or on Monday?

Is Sunday excluded from eBay's handling time?

What if there's a long weekend on Monday?

Is handling time based on eBay.com standards or does eBay.ca have a separate handling time requirement?   

I know the days of the week are the same for Canadian and US Sellers with the exception of long weekends.....

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Business days: Monday - Friday, supposedly excluding holidays.

Day it is sold is day 0.

Sold on Friday, then 2 business days is a Tuesday mailing.

When Monday is a holiday, eBay will bump it one day into the future -- but they often fail to properly recognize a number of Canadian holidays. Last year they screwed up Easter Monday, Christmas (Dec 26) and Boxing Day (Dec 27). This year started off with New Years (Jan 2) not recognized as a shipping holiday.

I don't remember if midnight is set using eBay time or local time.

-..-

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I recall that handling time is set to the site on which you've listed the item. So on ebay Canada that's EST and on ebay.com it's Pacific time? Whatever it's called. It's not local, I can tell you that. 

Don't forget that ebay doesn't recognize stat holidays for Loius Riel Day in Manitoba today (among others) because it's provincial. Anything paid today must be shipped today if your handling time is set to same-day as is mine. 

For example, my same-day dispatch deadline is 1 pm EST which is noon local. That means I need to get my acceptance scan by end of day. Technically, that's 11 pm EST but no postal counter is open that late (wishful thinking) so that means by closing time which is 9 pm at my nearest authorized dealer. 

Like I posted elsewhere, it would be a nice feature if ebay could FLAG for sellers which orders need to be shipped and by when. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply