Can I dropship an from the US to the US on with a Canadian address?

Hello,

I would like to dropship an item from a supplier in US to an address in the US. I don't want to ship domestically but I am unsure how to opt out offering domestic shipping. Is this possible? Total noob here.

Thanks,

S.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The location for the listing is the location of the product not your own.

This is because location indicates to the buyer how long the product will take to get to him and whether he will have to contend with import fees on his doorstep.

If you don't want to ship to Canada, or if your supplier doesn't want to ship to Canada, just list on dotCOM. That you are registered on dotCA is not important.

You will be selling in US dollars.

You will be paying fees in US dollars.

So now your only problems are what you plan to do when (not if, when) your supplier sets up a few hundred competitors, when he runs out of stock without telling you, and when the customer wants to return the product for a refund.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

The location for the listing is the location of the product not your own.

This is because location indicates to the buyer how long the product will take to get to him and whether he will have to contend with import fees on his doorstep.

If you don't want to ship to Canada, or if your supplier doesn't want to ship to Canada, just list on dotCOM. That you are registered on dotCA is not important.

You will be selling in US dollars.

You will be paying fees in US dollars.

So now your only problems are what you plan to do when (not if, when) your supplier sets up a few hundred competitors, when he runs out of stock without telling you, and when the customer wants to return the product for a refund.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Are you certain that you can safely ship Red Rose tea figurines by domestic lettermail? Aren't they wider than 2 cm by the time you've property padded them for shipment? 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

with eBay Lister ?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply