HELP !!! I live in Canada (Ebay.ca) but I want to sell in US dollars ... How do I do that ?

I want to sell from Canada listing in US dollars but listing won't switch currency from Canadian$ to U.S.$ on Ebay.ca. If I switch to Ebay.com, shipping info is only set up for shipping with USPS, not Canada Post. So, how do all you Canadians on Ebay get to  list in US $ AND provide shipping info in listing to ship from Canada to USA . ??? Reason ? PAYPAL account and Ebay fees are set up in US Dollars so I don't have to keep paying conversion fees when I buy something on Ebay in US dollars .... like Da !

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

HELP !!! I live in Canada (Ebay.ca) but I want to sell in US dollars ... How do I do that ?

We list on eBaydotCOM the only site where it is acceptable to list in US dollars.

All sites now only list in their national currency,

To offset the small advantages of listing in US dollars, we must use Flat Rate Shipping from a non-US location as our shipping choice.

For this reason, the seller must consider whether she can afford to do this for products that must use parcel services, which vary based on distance as well as measurements and weight.

Remember that no matter what the listing currency, your prices will show on any site in both the listing currency and the national currency.

For example, if you list on dotCA your items will be seen by an American searching on dotCOM in USD and loonies, while a German searching on dotDE will see it in euros and loonies.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

We list on eBaydotCOM the only site where it is acceptable to list in US dollars.

All sites now only list in their national currency,

To offset the small advantages of listing in US dollars, we must use Flat Rate Shipping from a non-US location as our shipping choice.

For this reason, the seller must consider whether she can afford to do this for products that must use parcel services, which vary based on distance as well as measurements and weight.

Remember that no matter what the listing currency, your prices will show on any site in both the listing currency and the national currency.

For example, if you list on dotCA your items will be seen by an American searching on dotCOM in USD and loonies, while a German searching on dotDE will see it in euros and loonies.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Calculated shipping using Canada Post is not available on ebay.com. Canada Post flat rate services are light packet/small packet/tracked packet.

If you live in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Red Deer, Toronto area, Halifax there are border trans-shippers that will allow you to use the USPS.

Shipping choices when listing on eBay.com for the Canadian seller (who ships from Canada):

-.-

To the USA
All flat rate, no calculated.

Economy Shipping from outside US
Standard Shipping from outside US
Expedited Shipping from outside US
Flat rate Freight

-.-

Outside the USA, to the rest of the world (including Canada)
All flat rate, no calculated, countries are selectable.

Economy Int'l Shipping
Standard Int'l Shipping
Expedited Int'l Shipping

You can have up to 5 separate International rates for countries you
select plus can have "Require buyers to contact you for international
shipping costs" as a choice. This last International option allows the
potential buyer to ask for a cost and you can calculate a shipping cost to their country.

-.-

A Canadian seller can still buy discounted shipping directly through PayPal from Canada Post.

-..-

Message 3 of 3
latest reply