I am a new seller trying to learn the ropes. How do I find out what offers have been made on an item

when an offer comes through how do I find out what it is and how do I reply

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I am a new seller trying to learn the ropes. How do I find out what offers have been made on an item

You get an email that will take you to your eBay Messages.

You can accept the offer, counteroffer or ignore the offer.

Since you are a newbie,  be cautious about offers.

It is best to do some buying before trying to sell, partly to get a feel for the site, and partly to fend off the scammers and cherrypickers who prey on naive new sellers.

I would suggest that until your Detailed Seller Ratings show, that your response to any offer should be "Thank you for your interest. I would encourage you to bid on the xxxxxxx, which I believe is fairly priced."

For auction listings, ""Thank you for your interest. I would encourage you to bid on the xxxxxxx, as I would prefer to let the auction run its course."

And remember that Offers not NOT affect your shipping costs.

If some one offers you $95 for your $100 listing, that is $95 plus shipping. EBay will stand behind you on this.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You get an email that will take you to your eBay Messages.

You can accept the offer, counteroffer or ignore the offer.

Since you are a newbie,  be cautious about offers.

It is best to do some buying before trying to sell, partly to get a feel for the site, and partly to fend off the scammers and cherrypickers who prey on naive new sellers.

I would suggest that until your Detailed Seller Ratings show, that your response to any offer should be "Thank you for your interest. I would encourage you to bid on the xxxxxxx, which I believe is fairly priced."

For auction listings, ""Thank you for your interest. I would encourage you to bid on the xxxxxxx, as I would prefer to let the auction run its course."

And remember that Offers not NOT affect your shipping costs.

If some one offers you $95 for your $100 listing, that is $95 plus shipping. EBay will stand behind you on this.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

errrr --- Offers must NOT include your shipping costs.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply