I live in Canada ,can I sell on Ebay.co

I was told a while ago that I could sell on ebay.com even though I live in Canada,now when I check with ebay reps they say no.Can anyone shed light on this as I see other Canadian sellers listing in US funds 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

YES , you can list on both sites, but you have to sign into each of them one at a time.. on .ca-in canada dollars, on.com-in usa dollars..

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

YES , you can list on both sites, but you have to sign into each of them one at a time.. on .ca-in canada dollars, on.com-in usa dollars..

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@oldconvent wrote:

I was told a while ago that I could sell on ebay.com even though I live in Canada,now when I check with ebay reps they say no.

What eBay reps?  If you mean you used the Help & Contact link unfortunately those people on the phones know surprisingly little.  YES you can list on dotCOM if you live in Canada.  Or if you live in England or China, for that matter.  You just have to be sure to honestly state where the ITEM is located, and you can't use calculated shipping.  You have to work out a cost and use flat rate shipping (unless you include it in the price as "free shipping" and enter 0.00 for the cost). 

The best place for questions and chat about SELLING ON EBAY, is the Seller Central board.  You can get better threads going there:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/bd-p/213

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Yes.

When you want to sell in US dollars , go to the dotCOM site.

When you want to sell in Canadian dollars, go to the dotCA site (this one).

The Sell Your Item forms are quite different, but cover the same ground. I like the US photo system slightly better, but the Canadian form makes choosing a category more precise.

The other difference is in Shipping.

On the Canadian site you can choose Calculated Shipping, which is very useful if you have items that require shipping as a parcel.

On the American site you have to choose Flat Rate from a non-US location, which is tricky for parcels, which are charged on dimensions, weight and distance.

The eBay reps, especially those in the States, are a little vague on concepts like 'Canada'.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Appreciate the answer,however it's a bit late,have been selling on ebay.com now for over 2 weeks.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

You've received excellent answers to your question about being a Canadian Seller wishing to list on eBay.com.    Rather than begin a new topic, I'd like some feedback from those people as to whether they agree that items listed on eBay.ca are not getting the hits, watchers, etc. compared to listing the same item(s) on eBay.com     In other words my experience is, as cumbersome as the shipping aspect of eBay.com is for Canadian sellers, I just don't get comparable sales when listing on eBay.ca in Canadian dollars as on eBay.com      I've read of various reasons why eBay.ca listings are confusing to some USA buyers; whether it be currency, checkout or adding to a cart.......something is drastically wrong?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

The thing is, you (or anyone) will get more and better "feedback from those people" if you post the topic to the Seller Central board. Thats where the sellers are and most of them will be happy to share their opinions. Hardly any of them ever come to the Answer Center.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/bd-p/213

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

My sales definitely took a hit when we were forced to change over to CAD last summer. I lost about 50% of my year over year sales. Americans used to be my main customers, now they only make up about 25% of my sales.

I'm currently researching how to get my shop back on .com to get my sales back up.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply