My buyer cannot see a an "add to cart" prompt in my listing. I am on ebay.ca the buyer is in USA

Does anyone know how to get an add to cart into the listing?

I have a buyer in USA that wants to buy multiple items, but cannot get them to combine. There does not seem to be an option for her to just buy, not pay and wait for my invoice.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

My buyer cannot see a an "add to cart" prompt in my listing. I am on ebay.ca the buyer is in USA

Have you sent her an invoice for the items she wants to buy (with discounted combined shipping)?

I mean, she's interested enough to contact you...

Wouldn't that be faster?

Then you can solve the cart problem at your leisure.

Oh, also, do you list only on dotCA or are some of your listings on dotCOM? And do you list exclusively in USD or in CDN? Or do you mix those  depending on the item or the site?

Because those won't go into a cart either.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

If your buyer wants to use the Shopping Cart to make a multi-item purchase from with seller with listings created on ebay.ca, the buyer needs to log into ebay.ca to do it. Our ebay.ca-created listings are simply not compatible with ebay.com even if they're created in USD instead of CAD. Remind the buyer that the totals he or she will see on ebay.ca in the Cart are CAD and valued at much, much less than the USD value. Give him a few examples of conversation rates too. Or a link to check to see the current rate would be even better. 

For future reference, this is what I have in the Payment Instructions on each one of my listings:

Seller's payment instructions

If you are shopping from eBay USA or eBay UK, you will discover you cannot add items listed on eBay CANADA to your US Cart or UK Basket. Log into www.ebay.ca to take full advantage of our combined postage discounts and FREE SHIPPING promotions. You’ll be glad you did

You can use it (or something like it) for your own listings but make sure you offer the aforementioned combined postage discounts etc if you do. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply