My buyer is requesting an invoice before paying

My buyer purchased an item (this is my first time selling on ebay) and it has been 3 days since they won the offer. They have just sent me a notification asking for an invoice. But they have not paid yet. Should I send an invoice first and wait for payment?
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Yes.

If you don't have Shipping and Handling to his address enabled, he doesn't know how much to pay you.

After you have sent the invoice, if he still has not paid in 48 hours, ask again, you may need to open a Dispute.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I checked for shipping to Brazil-- a problematical destination*-- and I suspect your first customer will be somewhere overseas.

If you need guidance, just ask.

But basically, AIR MAIL only and don't be embarrassed to use and charge for tracked service.

This is for your protection.

If your customer wants to cancel because the shipping is too high-- let him. At this point, it will go better. We can guide you about how to do this.

I would suggest that until you have your DSRs showing and you are no longer having your customers' payments Held by Paypal, that you restrict shipping to Canada and the USA.

*The people are fine. It's the customs and the postal systems.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply