New EBAy fees

Any comments on the new EBAy fee structure?   I actually preferred it when we got 50 free listings plus another 50.  Also the fee for media has changed from 5 cents to list, to 30 cents.  The fact that EBAY will refund the listing fee when the item sells - does not work for me.

How about the rest of you????  I am a small seller compared to some of you ... so this may affect me more than some....

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

New EBAy fees

I'm surprised that with over 1000 listings that you do not have a Store. That would give you a number Free* Listings -- the number depending on which level of Store you have.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/storefees.html

As you can see a Premium Store charges your $60, gives you 500 'free' listings a month and 100 more (?) in the Collectibles category.

After those are used up you pay 10 cents for your listings.

Stores also reduce some of your other costs. Your FVF run from 6% to 9% of your selling price.

If you move to Free Shipping on your small items, the higher price (free shipping really means the postage costs are included in the asking price) may be offset by telling the customer the full cost up front rather than having time to reconsider while he checks the shipping cost. But you get an automatic 5 star DSR for Shipping Cost, and your international shipments have 0% shipping FVF  even if you send the purchase by SuperGoldSpeedyRocketMail with proof of delivery and insurance.

*TANSTAAFL - of course those 500 free listings should be divided into the monthly rent -- meaning they actually cost 12 cents each.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply