One seller slandering another seller's name to improve his selling - What to do?

A seller on ebay claims that I "stole" his item in his listings. (which is not true, we sell the similar products but with different contents, my prices are lower though) . He explicitly put my ebay user ID in his subtitles. I tried filing a complain through ebay but no response. 

I believe that Ebay should not encourage this kind of actions - to improve his selling by slandering other ebay seller's name. I could do the same in my listing but I do not want this turn into a seller against seller war. Ebay should be a harmony place for both sellers and buyers. But it seems that ebay is not doing anything to it. Is there any other thing I can do? 

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

One seller slandering another seller's name to improve his selling - What to do?

Some sales are not worth having.

Money is nice, but dealing with the kind of person who would buy from someone who uses such a tactic is going to be unpleasant.

The sub-title says more about the competitor than about you.

Think of it as free publicity. Wouldn't it be interesting to know how many of your customers first found you from that sub-title?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Or you could keep calling eBay Customer Service until something is done to address it. It really depends on how much this affects yours sales and/or reputation. And how much time and energy you have to expend. It's a **bleep**shoot, really. Sometimes persistence pays and other times I find I might have saved myself the trouble of calling Customer Service by repeatedly hitting myself over the head with a cast-iron frying pan. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Some sales are not worth having.

Money is nice, but dealing with the kind of person who would buy from someone who uses such a tactic is going to be unpleasant.

The sub-title says more about the competitor than about you.

Think of it as free publicity. Wouldn't it be interesting to know how many of your customers first found you from that sub-title?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Or you could keep calling eBay Customer Service until something is done to address it. It really depends on how much this affects yours sales and/or reputation. And how much time and energy you have to expend. It's a **bleep**shoot, really. Sometimes persistence pays and other times I find I might have saved myself the trouble of calling Customer Service by repeatedly hitting myself over the head with a cast-iron frying pan. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Just got off the with ebay. He said it is clearly a violation of ebay's policy to do something like that. The listings and the seller will be reviewed in 24 to 48 hours and the listings or the seller will be removed.

Cheers.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Just got off the with ebay. He said it is clearly a violation of ebay's policy to do something like that. The listings and the seller will be reviewed in 24 to 48 hours and the listings or the seller will be removed.

Cheers.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I'm glad you took action on it and even happier to hear the matter will be settled. Make a note to check that it is, in fact, pulled after 48 hours. Sometimes, the department that handles the calls and the department that does the listing-pulling is disconnected. I hope you don't (but you might) have to call later in the week to remind them what they promised you and the reason for that. Good luck as you move forward on this.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thank you mjwl2006
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

You're welcome. While I have not yet had the trouble of which you speak, I have had issues in the past with my listing photos being used without permission by other sellers and it takes a lot of patience and/or perseverance to see it through to its satisfactory conclusion.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply