Paypal Chargeback = Free Stuff for Buyers

Where EXACTLY is the Seller Protection?  Cat Mad  I am going to suppose things would change if EBay was on the losing side of this equation. They are getting their money regardless. I may have to switch to Facebook or similar. At least some platform where I am not having to pay someone for allowing me to be robbed.

Spoiler
Buyer Fraud:

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Top that Off with... we can't even leave negative feedback... ever!
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@saxonshops wrote:

Where EXACTLY is the Seller Protection?  Cat Mad  I am going to suppose things would change if EBay was on the losing side of this equation. They are getting their money regardless. I may have to switch to Facebook or similar. At least some platform where I am not having to pay someone for allowing me to be robbed.

https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security

PayPal and eBay are now separate companies.

eBay protection and PayPal protection coverage is different. And the coverage will only protect you as a seller under certain conditions. eBay focuses on protecting your reputation as a seller and far less on protecting your $$. Paypal will only protect your seller $$ if you qualify (see link).

Selling involves risks. Whether it's online or a walk-in store or from your front door. Each sale is an opportunity for loss.  You have to determine whether it's worth the risk and be prepared when something bad happens.

-..-

Message 3 of 3
latest reply