Re: Unpaid Items. As a seller, I get stood up often by buyers. Open Unpaid Item Case or just cancel?

As a seller, I get stood up often by buyers. I usually don't make a fuss. I remind the buyer of the unpaid invoice, and if I don't receive payment, I just cancel the order, with reason code "buyer change their mind", which is true.

But the frequency of these occurrences and the fact that these buyers don't respond AT ALL, is really beginning to irritate me. I don't really want to cause buyers trouble, so haven't resorted to "File Unpaid Item Claim". Frankly, I have no idea how that impacts a buyer, bit it would be nice to get the message across that "Hey, you said you'd buy this, so get on with itm or at least let me know that you've changed your mind."

The other alternative is to block them as buyers. That way if they try to purchase from me again, they won't be able to. Maybe then they'll figure out that you can't go around pissing off all the eBay sellers and think it's okay because eventually you won't be able to buy from anyone.

Or is it just that people nowadays think that ignoring something will make it go away or don't have to finish an interaction that they started? Pretty ignorant!

Your thoughts and comments please.

View Entire Topic

and the fact that these buyers don't respond AT ALL,

These are the ones you need to open the Unpaid Item Disputes with.

The others are either slow payers, annoying but payers, or really did change their minds, in which case your "buyer request" is valid.

The UID helps all  sellers, because many of us, perhaps most, have set our Seller Preferences to automatically Block bidders (not buyers) who have two or more UIDs.