Shipped to Russia without tracking - am I hooped?

Shipped a jacket to Russia via Canada Post parcel mid-March, paid for the label via PayPal. But realized I selected a service that generated a number, just not a tracking number. Seller is now asking where the item is and says (correctly) the tracking # doesn't work. Is my only recourse refunding his payment?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@jimmymack-2000 wrote:

Shipped a jacket to Russia via Canada Post parcel mid-March, paid for the label via PayPal. But realized I selected a service that generated a number, just not a tracking number. Seller is now asking where the item is and says (correctly) the tracking # doesn't work. Is my only recourse refunding his payment?

Is it past eBay's estimated delivery estimate?

Then you stuck with a refund.

But, do let the buyer know that you still expect the jacket to arrive and he can repay your refund via paypal when the jacket finally arrives.  Who knows, it might happen.

Right now Russia is on the blacklist for a lot shippers and insurance companies because of customs delays and theft/fraud within the customs department.

-..-

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Most people (including Russians) are honest.

Try to stay in contact with your customer, who probably has not received his purchase.

It is better to refund on your own than to force your customer to open a Dispute and force a refund.

Financially you are in the same place.

And as dennis suggests, if you do refund him , politely remind him how to return the refund when the item arrives.

It may be time to review your Blocked Destinations list.

Best wishes.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Russia folks are honest- sometimes the problem is they talk letters backwards. As a tip i usually contact buyer to provide their adress in english.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply