Why are pet dog/cat parts not allowed to be listed but pet bird parts are?

I discovered a listing which sold for the disembodied wings and tail of a Senegal Parrot. I can only imagine that eBay does not allow the listing of cat and dog parts because people would find this offensive and horrifying, just as a bird lover and someone who has a parrot as part of their family unit would find the wings of a dead parrot listed on eBay offensive and horrifying. I don't see any difference between a pet dog, a pet cat or a pet bird. If cats and dog parts are not being sold because they are pets, then neither should pet bird parts. Senegal Parrots and any number of other species of parrots are kept as pets, some are even endangered. I see this as a dangerous precedence allowing the sale of exotic bird parts for money.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

There are strict laws about the sale and import of endangered animals, alive or dead, whole or in parts.

If you believe a listing contravenes those rules, use the Report button.

There are also laws about the sale and import of exotic animals.

Again, if you believe those laws are being contravened, use the Report button.

There are no laws about non-exotic, non-endangered animals. You might be offended by these, but it falls under 'peanut butter' in my opinion. Some people are highly allergic to peanut butter. Some people don't like peanut butter. Some people think they are allergic to peanut butter but actually have orthorexia nervosa. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthorexia_nervosa

This does not mean that peanut butter, a healthy and nutritious food, should be banned.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I didn't know such things existed on ebay. 

I know that you can sell dead frozen mice as some people use them to feed reptiles.

I personally never search for animal parts and pieces so I never have anything to get offended about.

If what they are selling doesn't violation any ebay policies, just ignore the listings and only search for things you want to buy, not things you do not want to see.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

tu-ee
Community Member

Good for you --- I reported a seller last year for selling the mummified bodies of cats and kittens dogs and puppies and various other animals ---  the photos were horrifying poor little babies that had not survived or worst the thought came to mind that he was actually paying people to get them for him and where did those awful people get them from? and then getting money by selling these little dead creatures to other CREEPY people just like him 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Dead parrot parts don't float my boat but on ebay we must adhere to site rules and trade regulations. Have a look through this link:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/wildlife.html

It should answer your questions.

If you are compelled to Report an Item you are better served to call Customer Service to do so. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply