Why can buyers pay later with the buy it NOW function?

The past 4 buyers i've had purchase my items have not paid for the items they "bought".

So can someone with eBay staff give me a good reason why the Buy It NOW button doesn't pay for the item in question?

It makes sense for the auctions, as the buyer most likely will not be online when the auction ends and thus need to pay for the item at a later date, but with the Buy It Now option it's just completely unnecessary and just screws over the seller in cases like this. It's called NOW for a reason; not 8 days later.

I really wouldn't be surprised if my competition was just creating brand new accounts or using inactive old accounts to purchase my item and then just not pay just to have my listings not conflict with theirs. And because of eBay's ridiculous selling limits, I can't recoup the cost for the ridiculous 8 whole days I have to wait for eBay to finally be like "Hey, this person hasn't responded to any messages or invoices sent, and hasn't paid... Maybe they're not going to?"

Again, give me one good reason why the Buy It Now has the option to NOT buy it now, hell, not even but it ever, eBay staff, or actually work on fixing your website so that it makes a little bit of sense and doesn't screw over your sellers.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@dasgoodretail wrote:

The past 4 buyers i've had purchase my items have not paid for the items they "bought".

... why the Buy It NOW button doesn't pay for the item in question?

Make sure that your listings have the box checked for "Require immediate payment when buyer uses Buy It Now"

It's in the Select how you'll be paid section of the advanced Sell-Your-Item form

-..-

eBay staff only read http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/bd-p/23000000073

-..-

For sellers who allow combined shipping, immediate payment for each item is not desireable.

-..-

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Given that this is the Victoria Day weekend, you can't mail it until Tuesday morning.

So..... is there really a problem?

I just had a seller buy one of my items, but I had to invoice her because for some reason, eBay did not give her the shipping charge.

If she pays through Paypal from her bank account (an e-cheque) her bank will take the money from her account immediately, but the payment may not clear for up to 10 days.

Big deal. I'll ship as soon as I'm paid and Canada Post lets me, leave positive feedback and go on to the next transaction.

In your case as a new seller, you won't receive you customer's  cleared payment for 21 days*, because Paypal will Hold it as a Buyer Protection policy against your good customer service.

Look, this is mail order.

Your customer wants to Buy this item (probably) but has not figured out how to complete the sale.

As a new seller, you probably are unaware of some pitfalls yourself.

Actually, with two negatives and a false positive as a seller in only eleven sales, you really do have a lot to learn.

Pot meet kettle.

...wow.....

*All new and occasional sellers are subject to the Hold. It can last a bit longer in high value/high fraud categories and even longer when the seller accumulates a lot of defects from negative feedback for not shipping product.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@dasgoodretail wrote:

... actually work on fixing your website so that it makes a little bit of sense and doesn't screw over your sellers.

After femmefans's comment I went and looked at your feedback as a seller and you're currently 100% negative.

Selling an overpriced "how-to-buy guide" for an "IPhone 6s 64 GB Gold Model (Unlocked)" instead of the product that you showed as the listing image. I'd consider the 4 buyers that decided not to pay to be the lucky ones.

eBay likes to protect it's buyers (even those who can't read) from deceptive sellers like you that damage eBay's reputation as a selling site.

/

Message 4 of 4
latest reply