Why do buyers outside my shipping range want to buy or buy without asking ?

2-Questions ...

One buyer bought 2-items within the hour & then requested to communicate outside Ebay with a personal email address ... is this the potential for a scam set-up ?  When I emailed the buyer that I only communicate within Ebay, they cancelled the order.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

@mycanadastore09 wrote:
One buyer bought 2-items within the hour & then requested to communicate outside Ebay with a personal email address ... is this the potential for a scam set-up ?  When I emailed the buyer that I only communicate within Ebay, they cancelled the order.

That would have been a scammer (either of you, ebay or both).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Go to Account > Site Preferences > Buyer Requirements > Edit, and in the area titled "Buyers in locations to which I don't ship" check the box that says "Block buyers whose primary shipping address is in a location I don't ship to.".

If your shipping options are set up correctly to exclude all of the countries that you don't want to ship to, this setting will block buyers that reside in those countries from being able to bid or buy your items.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@mycanadastore09 wrote:

That would have been a scammer (either of you, ebay or both).

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Go to Account > Site Preferences > Buyer Requirements > Edit, and in the area titled "Buyers in locations to which I don't ship" check the box that says "Block buyers whose primary shipping address is in a location I don't ship to.".

If your shipping options are set up correctly to exclude all of the countries that you don't want to ship to, this setting will block buyers that reside in those countries from being able to bid or buy your items.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply