a buyer from germany wants me to ship to a weird address in ohio

This guy bought 2 large speakers from me and wants me to ship to ohio does this sound fishy?? the address he gave me is  is this kind off deal fishy and can you even print a shipping label like this

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@aubreyclay56 wrote:

This guy bought 2 large speakers from me and wants me to ship to ohio does this sound fishy?? the address he gave me is  is this kind off deal fishy and can you even print a shipping label like this

Google the location and see if it is a forwarding company.  International buyers use those all the time, particularly if they buy a lot of stuff in North America. Much cheaper to ship via a forwarding company.

I didn't see your message before it got edited, but part of the address will be to indicate which of the forwarding company's clients it is for.

However, if paying by paypal it should be one of his valid shipping addresses -- if not, then it is fishy.

-..-

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

it was an address to dhl and another address as well in ebays wisdom they remover the address totall jerks dont think it could have been a real person no one could be that stupid one address is for dhl not sure what the other one is there are two postal codes
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Ever seen a rural Saskatchewan address? Weird is only the beginning.

But it's probably a freight forwarder.

Your responsibility for shipping time and delivery ends at the Ohio address.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

DHL is what the German post office grew to be, one of the major shippers worldwide. So it might well have been a forwarding operation -- your buyer should be the one providing you with a bit more info. One code should be for identifying the buyer if it is a forwarding operation. This is an address question that pops up very regularly on the A-river forums .

As for the forum, the folks at Lithium are the one's doing the editing of messages. eBay subcontracts the forum management work to them.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Use tracking and send it only to the buyer's registered paypal address and you are covered. If the order is worth more than $750 USD, you need to use a Signature service, like Canada Post Xpresspost, no exceptions. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply