can you remove an item if it does not reach the price you want

3 REPLIES 3

Let me begin by saying there is a difference between what you can do and what you should do. 

The general wisdom with auctions is that the seller should always make the opening bid the lowest they can tolerate. Most auctions these days get only a few bids. The days of wild bidding sprees are mostly in the past and many buyers prefer it that way so that they can simply use buy-it-now to get what they seek. 

But to answer your question: yes. The seller has to cancel each bid on it first and then end the item. If the seller ends the item before cancelling the bids then they have sold it to the highest bidder so far.

Here is the reason you shouldn't: most bids happen within the last two minutes. Even ten seconds. Sniping services let buyers place advance bids with third-party software and, personally, I think this is what killed the spirit of auctions since people stopped being excited about it and sitting at the computers with bated breath.

Are you asking as the buyer or the seller?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I have bid twice on an 2 items and both times he ended the listings early and now he has blocked me from bidding on his other items. The first time he took the listing down and relisted the items at a ridiculous buy it now, when I questioned him he said "Yes. I wrote on the listing why I removed the listings. It was because of the mail strike.

I also messaged the highest bidders. I am sorry if you didn't get a message.

I put them at that price because I thought it was a fair price.

If they don't sell I will be relisting them at .99

It was nothing personal or I did nothing wrong on my part. I am sorry you felt that way.

I will be auctioning off all the maple leaf stamps from the 1c-10 and Numeral from 1c-10c not the 20c I don't have it.

Also all the Quebec stamps also. 1c-20.

And a lot more.

I almost always start my auctions at 99c

I just thought I would try it this time. When I took the auction items down I even thinking of increasing the auction price.

Sorry felt that way.

Peter "

Is there anything I can do as this is unfair and ruins the integrity of E-bay, Thank you
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Were you automatically blocked from bidding because you exceeded the seller-set limit for number of items bid within a pre-determined period of time, or were you manually blocked because he took your communication to be threatening?

Regardless, it sounds to me as if your seller is nervous and inexperienced. This will waste your time. There are many excellent experienced and confident sellers in that category who regularly contribute to the eBay Comunity. Stick with one of them. If you click on a posters listings, you'll find their wares.

The seller in this case is free to do what he likes with the things he has for sale. What you can do is not allow him to squander more of your time and energy.

Good luck as you move forward.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply