does ebay scam its own members

I got a email saying I will be credited a final value fee for a sale by a non-registered member  but got invoiced anyway.  Now when I try to cancel the sale or open an unpaid item case, the item number is showing up as invalid.   I'll paste and copy the letter and the invoice.

The email received:

"We had to cancel bids and purchases on the following item(s) for the buyer,, because they were made without the account owner's permission:

Please note that we're working with the account owner to prevent any additional unauthorized activity.

All associated fees have been credited to your account. In these situations, we'll credit the final value fee for removed listings won by this buyer, and also the insertion fee if it was a single-quantity listing.

- We have credited any associated fees to your account."

Now the invoice for the supposed credit:

New Fees
Transaction fees
Date (PT)TitleItemFee typeAmount (USD)
Apr 11 21:07:31
Final price: C $60.00 (Auction), final value fee of C $6.00 converted to $4.49 at a rate of 0.74839 (as of Apr-11-17).
152507434726 Final Value Fee  $4.49
Transaction fees total: $4.49
Total new fees: $4.49

Can't email because the item # shows up as invalid and when I call, i get hung up on.   Please help

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

yes the final value fee charged to you is immediate after the sale. the credit can take 48 hours to show up...i have never had an issue with credits showing up, for non-payments, or cancelled transactions..

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I thought so too but its been 9 days and its impossible to get in contact with a person representing ebay. can't email without a valid item number as well? feel so gamed
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

And what does your credits section show?

capture15511.jpg

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You sold an iPod.

The buyer was a scammer and is now NARU (Not A Registered User).

The scammer did not pay.

EBay has charged you the FVF on the sale.

A promised refund of the FVF has not been credited.

That is actually not the problem. By the time your monthly invoice is sent this will have been corrected.

However, I believe the failed sale will still be counted against the already limited number and value of listings you can have as a new seller.

You may find, if it is your intention to sell electronics here, that it is safest for new sellers to use Fixed Price /Immediate Payment Required at least until you have 10 or more DSRs and know what DSRs are.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply