so called copyright infringement harrasment

Hi , I have a problem with a buyer not a seller on Ebay complaining about me copying his listings on his own site which I sell the same things as him. He has had Ebay take down 80 of my listings and I'm not getting any answers from Ebay WHY? he doesnt sell here and buys VERY little if anything, yet  I feel harrased by this person. Why doenst Ebay give me a chance to refute the aligations?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Without knowing the particulars of your case, if ebay has actually gone to the trouble of taking down your listings, they must see it as clear-cut with no room for explanations.

Listings are very very rarely actually removed for copyright infringement in my experience.

The circumstances of the buyer not using ebay much is a non-issue. This is about actual law. You cannot use other people's text and images without permission, period. Just because you found it for free on the internet doesn't mean you can use to for free for yourself. 

Nonetheless, if you call ebay Customer Service, they should be able to shed some light on this for you. If I were in your shoes, I'd expect answers too. 

There is also a little (big) thing called VERO which means he may own the exclusive right to sell this item everywhere. That, once demonstrated, cannot be appealed. VERO is VERO. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Is your item(S) anywhere eon this list?

http://vero.ebay.com

Message 3 of 3
latest reply