what in $$ is the insertion fee for an item around $1000.00 CAD ? what do I have to pay to sell ?

Hi, new to eBay for selling; what in $$ is the insertion fee for an item (Luxury handbag)  around $1000.00 CAD ? thanks, for i have found nothing on this in the forum. 

Annie

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

what in $$ is the insertion fee for an item around $1000.00 CAD ? what do I have to pay to sell ?

@frannielight wrote:

Hi, new to eBay for selling; what in $$ is the insertion fee for an item (Luxury handbag)  around $1000.00 CAD ? thanks, for i have found nothing on this in the forum.  

It depends.

For 5, 7, 10 and 30 day listing:

- If you have it listed as a BIN (Buy-It-Now), you have 50 free listings per month. So for you: free

- If you have it listed as an auction: 30 cents

For 1 or 3 day listings:

- BIN (with free listing) would be $1.00

- Auction would be $1.30

More to read:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/fees.html

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Because you are a new seller and a new eBayer in a high value/high fraud category might I offer some advice?

You already know that your buyer's payment will be Held against your good performance for 21 Days, right?

Did you know that you can buy a Paypal shipping label (at discounts of 5% to 17% off PO counter prices ) from that Held payment?

Did you know that you should not only be using tracked shipping, but also Signature Confirmation since you expect the price to go over $750 including shipping?

But reality check, don't sell it here.

Not yet.

Newbies are prime feed for scammers and purses are a high scam category.

Do NOT offer the purse with No Refunds. That can't be enforced.

Do NOT offer the purse with No Returns. Paypal will take you at your word and allow a complaining buyer to keep both the purse and a refund.

Do NOT ship overseas.

If your customer is unhappy, you will be required to pay for return shipping.

Since there is no way to provide an international Return Shipping Label, you would be sending more money to the complainer in the hope that she does use it to reship your purse.

Most people are honest, and Disputes are remarkably few considering that there are over 150 million transactions daily on eBay.

But Purses are a high fraud category and you need to protect yourself.

Fees are irrelevant. Just a minor cost of doing business.

Losses can be a BIG problem.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

I would strongly suggest you spend a few hours reading and educating yourself before aimlessly jumping in; particularly with $1000 listings.

You'll likely save yourself a lot of future angst.

Start here: http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/index.html

This forum is also a great resource that many experienced and intelligent members have contributed to building.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply