when is the next free listings promotions

Any hint as to when the next free listing days will be?

Being cut back to 20 & 20 really bites.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

With over 900 items listed, I'm surprised you don't have a Store.

For under $20 a month you can have 150 "free" listings, reduced costs on the rest, and lower FVF. You can also organize your items into categories that will make it easier for customers to Search your Store.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

rww124
Community Member

@orphanitems wrote:

Any hint as to when the next free listing days will be?

Being cut back to 20 & 20 really bites.

After speaking to eBay customer support to give my opinion of eBay's new policy to only give sellers 20 free listings per month rather than 50 I agree it really sucks.  The explanation I received for this change was that eBay wants to attract more quality listings and not have the site clogged up with items that are not selling right off. It may take some time for a listed item to sell as the eBay buyer audience is always changing ( the old adage comes to mind " there is always a buyer for everything" however may take some time to find that buyer). eBay seems to be wanting to cherry pick only the fast selling items so they can get there final value fees quicker with minimal usage of their site AKA they don't want sellers who may have to re list their item a few times before it sells. Just another one of eBay's idiotic changes and believe eBay will start to lose sellers very quickly if they don't pull their heads out of their butts and make it more attractive to entice sellers. "Less sellers means less buyers which equals less profit for eBay.  

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I also agree being cut back to 20/20 sucks!  And having the "Buy it Now" for 31 days, as they would LIKE us to do is an utter waste of time!  All you get for that is a bunch of bookmarks (that in my opinion are put there by ebay staff!), then people forget they were even watching anything.  Atleast with a 7 day auction, they are more apt to remember that they desire an item!  

I will be listing less as I find this situation FRUSTRATING to the point of resignation!!  I am not believing these numbers I see any more.  How often do you list an item and the second it is listed, it has 8 or ten viewers!  I THINK NOT!!

Ebay does have competion out there and they may push enough for some of us to consider the alternatives, me included after a fifteen year run, but if enough of us voice our opinions,...maybe they will find, they are just being greedy money mongers!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply