Shipping cost in listing

I'm listing on ebay.ca. On one listing,  I have one shipping cost for all Canadians, and one  for all US buyers.  On .com the shipping shows the same for all.  How do US buyers know what the shipping cost will be, if all they see is the shipping cost to within Canada.  Just had an offer from a US buyer, but she was confused about the shipping.  Unfortunately, I had to turn it down.  I've been away for a while, and not used the no listing in US.  I fail to see any reason for the change.  Well, I've been listing for a few days only with no sales, so I may just pack it in again.  Too much hassle, with no reward.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

@pinetreecottage wrote:

I'm listing on ebay.ca. On one listing,  I have one shipping cost for all Canadians, and one  for all US buyers.

On .com the shipping shows the same for all.  How do US buyers know what the shipping cost will be, if all they see is the shipping cost to within Canada.  Just had an offer from a US buyer, but she was confused about the shipping.  ..

If the listing is on eBay.CA -- then your USA buyer will see shipping to the USA if you have it set up.

If they are looking at your listing from eBay.com they should also see eBay's approximate cost in US dollars underneath the Canadian $ value. But they have to look at the actual listing, the search view can often be misleading when it comes to shipping.

If you want US$ you can list on eBay.com (up to 50 free listings per month) -- but the drawback is that calculated shipping is not available for Canada Post.

The choices for a Canadian seller on eBay.COM are:

To the USA
Economy Shipping from outside US
Standard Shipping from outside US
Expedited Shipping from outside US

Outside the USA, to the rest of the world (including Canada)
All flat rate, no calculated, countries are selectable.
Economy Int'l Shipping
Standard Int'l Shipping
Expedited Int'l Shipping

-..-

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

You seem to be listing on dotCA in Canadian dollars, which is sensible  because your items require Parcel Rates and those of course are based on dimensions, weight and Destination.

Dennis has covered that question capably.

Since you say you have been away a while, have you looked at your listings on a mobile device? Those are .... different... and may be the source of your customer's confusion.

EBay tells us that 85% of transactions are now Fixed Price, because the current customers are more into impulse buying and immediate gratification.  I notice that you are experimenting with this, using BIN pricing on some of your auctions.

I found when I reopened my Stores a couple of years back after our cross country move, that sales did not pick up until I had a substantial number of listings (200-500). So it may just be that you have too few items to find the right customer.

And is January the time when people are buying furs? I don't know, but I thought this was 'cruise' season in the fashion world.

All that being said, welcome back.