Still I need to know how to sell the items on ebay

I am very confused of selling process on eBay how the item can be sold and make money and how to approach customers
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@karan1234-ca wrote:
I am very confused of selling process on eBay how the item can be sold and make money and how to approach customers

you need to take detailed pictures of the item and up load them give a good description of the item,if you want to sell auction style price find a starting price you feel comfortable with,remember you may only get one bid,and ebay will take 20 percent of the selling price,you have to figure out what it will cost to ship also remember ebay will take 20 percent of that as well,and paypal takes a bit as well,you will have to decide if you want to sell to us and canada or worldwide keep in mind paypal holds your money for 3 weeks till you get established,to get a realistic price on the item you are selling just find an item that is the same on ebay ,it takes awhile to figure everything out,it is very complicated at first but after a few sales you will get the hang of it,hope that you do well and good luck

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

First write a title. This is your primary advertising. You have 80 keystrokes to attract attention.

Take good pictures. Or scans, flat things work best scanned.

Simple backgrounds,like a plain white sheet.

Don't picture anything you are not selling.

Picture your item like you have no description.

Now write your description as if you have no pictures.

Be grammatical and spell correctly. Scammers watch for poor spelling and grammar because they know this indicates someone who is .... easily fooled. Ah, phooey on political correctness, they will think you are stupid and easily cheated.

As aubrey says, decide how much you want to get for your item. Remember that you will be charged fees on both your sale and the shipping.

Add in your cost for procurement, labour (17 cents a minute is the Ontario minimum wage), and listing fees if any.

When you start out, use all the free listing deals you can. Your listing cost is stated just before you click on List My Item.

Use metric when you are working out the cost of shipping. Canada Post went metric in 1974 and any other system will be inaccurate.

Don't ship outside North America until you have many sales under your belt. Not that overseas customers are less honest, but there are quirks you will have to learn.

List in US dollars. All the world understands the US dollar and Americans understand nothing else.

When you make a sale, leave feedback when you ship. Others will disagree, but I use FB to tell my customer that his item is shipped and what service was used.

When you are paid, Paypal will hold your customer's payment against your good service. You can however print a PP shipping label from the held funds as soon as the payment clears. Do so.

Many PP shipping services are from 5% to 18% lower than at the PO counter.

Most important, don't sell anything until you have purchased a dozen or so items on eBay. This will give you a feel for the site. Suggested items are shipping tape, envelopes/bubble envelopes/ poly envelopes, a metric scale, small gift items for birthdays or Christmas. Price should be low and buy from North America as well as Europe and Asia to get a decent overview.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply