Why are the buyer's messages to me showing up blank? Zero feedback buyer...weird...concerned

Hi, I sold an item for over $1000 on ebay recently, the buyer hit buyitnow, and paid immediately. They had zero feedback, but it was in the US and Paypal listed that I had full buyer protection coverage.

So far, the buyer has sent me 2 messages through Ebay, and both have showed up blank....very odd, never seen that before. The buyer could be trying to communicate with me and I can't read what they attempted to send. Has anyone experienced that before?

My other concern now is that I asked Canada post for signature confirmation, but it isn't showing a signature on the confirmation of delivery when tracked online.

• Am I at risk now if the buyer is trying to pull some sort of scam?

• If I can only prove delivery, but not signature, then what happens if the file an item not received claim?

So far, no issue...just trying to be prepared...hopefully everything goes ok and they leave feedback soon

I welcome all feedback on this. Thanks

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Why are the buyer's messages to me showing up blank? Zero feedback buyer...weird...concerned

You are the seller, so, you need SELLER protection, very different from buyer protection.  In the details of the transaction on Paypal, you will see the email address of the buyer.  Contact them directly, and tell them, their messages aren't visible, they should then be able to contact you.  Once you have established communication, you should both feel better.  Hope all goes well, cheers.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

When you contact your customer, do NOT ask about delivery. Don't encourage him to think that anything might even possibly go wrong.

With your direct email, give him the date and service used in shipping and the tracking number of the parcel. Those are probably the things he wants to know anyway.

You could also give an estimated delivery date that is later than the one given by eBay and Canada Post, both of which are much too optimistic.

Sorry to sound paranoid, but today, Canada Day, Harper and his gang just made me  a second-class Canadian after 63 years in Canada and 57 years as a naturalized citizen. It's made me grumpy.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Good thinking. You're right, we should be on the defensive.

I guess most of us are in that case second class citizens. I wonder where Harper hails from, as he is obviously not indigenous to Canada, and how many generations does it take to be considered Canadian. At the end of the day, I personally don't care what he thinks. 🙂
Message 4 of 4
latest reply