Why can't I sell in USD?

I want to sell into the US. My Paypal account accepts USD, why can I not sell in USD?  I was told by US paypal support that I have to switch to a new store and get a ebay.com account.  I used to be able to pick which currency I wanted. Looks like a cash grab for ebay and paypal to use their inflated currency exchange rates for everyone and try some more nickel and dime solutions that some new MBA grad thought of to keep his job at ebay.  Let me select the currency I want to sell in and we worry about that, not ebay.  So the service has been downgraded, yet our rates are still the same. How does that work?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Why can't I sell in USD?

@ebvhost12 wrote:

I want to sell into the US. My Paypal account accepts USD, why can I not sell in USD?  I was told by US paypal support that I have to switch to a new store and get a ebay.com account.  I used to be able to pick which currency I wanted. ...  Let me select the currency I want to sell in and we worry about that, not ebay.  ...

What are you talking about? 

And why are you taking to paypal support about how to sell on eBay? They are now two different companies.

Choose a currency is still an option when I go to list on eBay.ca and select "Sell"
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Why can't I sell in USD?

As a new seller there are several restrictions on your account.

The restriction of CDN$ only is because you are using the simplified Sell Your Item Form.

Go here:

http://cgi5.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SellHub3

Which is the more complex and detailed form.

The choice of US or Canadian currency is on the fourth page in the

Categories where your listing will appear

section.

Other things you may notice are that the number and value of items you can list are restricted and that your customers' cleared payments will not be released for 21 days.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply