Why has my free listings dropped from 50 to 20?

My free listings has dropped from 50 to 20.  I also was receiving an additional 50 listings but that too has dropped to 20 and I may only list in "Collectibles" for that 20 listings?

Has this happened to you?  Has anyone had an explanation for ebay for these changes?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@waterworks_cottages wrote:

My free listings has dropped from 50 to 20.  I also was receiving an additional 50 listings but that too has dropped to 20 and I may only list in "Collectibles" for that 20 listings?

Has this happened to you?  Has anyone had an explanation for ebay for these changes?

It's usually a good idea to read eBay announcements

http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/news/springupdate2015/fees-and-features.html

For sellers without an eBay Stores subscription ...

• Sellers without a subscription will receive 20 free listings per month, which can be used to create auction-style or fixed price listings.
  • For listings in the Collectibles categories, sellers will receive an additional 20 free auction-style listings per month.
  • Sellers will be credited for the insertion fee on auction-style listings when that item sells.
  • Media category items listed in the fixed price format will now have the same insertion fee as other category listings.

I think eBay is using these changes to make monthly store subscriptions look more attractive.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

It was April 16th, 2013 that Ebay announced "SELLERS: LIST UP TO 50 FREE* EVERY MONTH—AUCTION-STYLE OR FIXED PRICE!"

Why was there no big announcement for the drop to 20?

Here's the link: http://announcements.ebay.com/tag/50-free-listings/
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@waterworks_cottages wrote:

It's usually a good idea to read eBay announcements

http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/news/springupdate2015/fees-and-features.html

For sellers without an eBay Stores subscription ...

• Sellers without a subscription will receive 20 free listings per month, which can be used to create auction-style or fixed price listings.
  • For listings in the Collectibles categories, sellers will receive an additional 20 free auction-style listings per month.
  • Sellers will be credited for the insertion fee on auction-style listings when that item sells.
  • Media category items listed in the fixed price format will now have the same insertion fee as other category listings.

I think eBay is using these changes to make monthly store subscriptions look more attractive.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I'd guess they are trying to promote their store subscriptions. 

I'm a small seller, & because of their new changes, I'll become an even smaller seller.

I subscribed to a store a few years ago, and a few months ago I ended my subscription, because the price went up, and I was tired of paying the fees for the store. Especially, when you run their evaluation, it showed me that I would be better off not to have a store.

I keep a top rated seller status, and  hope to continue that, but EBAY sure keeps making things more difficult for sellers

I would have listed much more in the last week than I did, but due to the changes, I didn't.

Oh well, less money in my pocket , & less money in EBAY's pocket.  Apparently, their dynamics don't consider offering the listings to be feasible, or they probably wouldn't have cut things back so harshly

In my opinion, it seems that they could kinda care less about the smaller sellers, & don't really need them unless they are listing some high dollar items and the fees may matter less if they sell

OR, if they can make some bucks off small sellers who don't quite understand how they work yet.....

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thank you, for the reply. I did go through my announcements but I did not find that one. But then again after looking at the link you provided, it doesn't appear to be an announcement.

Thanks again
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Interesting last comment...
I just ended a whole bunch of items because E-Bay wouldn't allow me to see if I had automatic relisting enabled.
As a small seller (for fun basically) I would normally list up to 25 items per week.
Now its 20 + 20 per month.
I find it hard time with having to pay for insertions given the gradual increases in FVF and Paypal charges over the years.
Seems like I'm not the only one.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply