I am new to selling an item and not sure ifIdiditright.Whathappensifthebidsareverylowwhenauctionends

What happens if the bids are extremely low when the auction is over. Do I have to sell it for the highest price still. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I am new to selling an item and not sure ifIdiditright.Whathappensifthebidsareverylowwhenauctionends

Yes.

So ignore what eBay stupidly tells you about starting your price low 'to attract bidders' , it won't and the bottomfeeders you get will not be nice people to deal with,

Start your item at the price you would be content to get, hope it goes up to where you are happy, and pray that it goes up to where you will be ecstatic.

Good luck and ask any other questions you like.

BTW, it is a good idea to start on eBay by buying. It builds your feedback (trustworthiness) and give you an idea of what customers want from the site and from sellers.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I concur with the answer above. For me, it's not even the low selling price by auction that is the problem but the mindset of the buyers doing the bidding on it. I've set auctions at one cent simply to get things moving out of here and you might think that a bidder who has won an item (that normally has a minimum $10 buy-it-now price) for a penny would be happy about it but oh no. No no no no no. They are not. They are suddenly offended that at-cost postage was not free. Or that it took three days to arrive. Or that their free additional gift was not nice enough. Or whatever. (Please also consider that I sell toys and not rough-cut diamonds.) Some of my worst experiences as a seller on ebay have come from low-bidders and again I have to stress it had nothing at all to do with the selling price achieved. It was the selling price set that was the problem. Low low opening bids attract low-brow bidders. Sorry to be blunt about it and I certainly don't mean to be rude. Set your opening bid for what you need (factoring all your ebay and paypal fees into it) and be prepared to wait it out.

Good luck carrying forward. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

yess i will agree about the starting low thing ive seen people do that and also add free shipping,ive seen things go for .99 cents and free shipping wow thats gotta hurt
Message 4 of 4
latest reply