How to ensure shipping is really done?

Im a new seller and wish a proof of shipment since my only 2 customers never acknowledged reception or left an evaluation.

Is the tracking number enough ?

thanks for your guidance !

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You don't need proof of shipping. You shipped. You already know that.

You want proof of delivery. Canada Post offers this on some services but not on others. It's not an option. canadapost.ca

Don't worry about your buyers. If they didn't leave feedback, well, it is optional. Nagging may lead to negative feedback or to a false claim of non-delivery.

And if the buyer doesn't have delivery within 20 or 30 days, you'll hear from him.

To build your feedback, do some buying. Among other useful items to buy are bubble and poly envelopes, discount postage, or Christmas presents.

In my opinion, the best way to build buyer feedback is to leave feedback your self when you ship. My standard is "Thank you for your prompt payment. Shipped Canada Post 30/10/14 Air Mail' or something similar. That says you;'ve shipped. you shipped from Canada and gives the date you shipped. All useful info.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You don't need proof of shipping. You shipped. You already know that.

You want proof of delivery. Canada Post offers this on some services but not on others. It's not an option. canadapost.ca

Don't worry about your buyers. If they didn't leave feedback, well, it is optional. Nagging may lead to negative feedback or to a false claim of non-delivery.

And if the buyer doesn't have delivery within 20 or 30 days, you'll hear from him.

To build your feedback, do some buying. Among other useful items to buy are bubble and poly envelopes, discount postage, or Christmas presents.

In my opinion, the best way to build buyer feedback is to leave feedback your self when you ship. My standard is "Thank you for your prompt payment. Shipped Canada Post 30/10/14 Air Mail' or something similar. That says you;'ve shipped. you shipped from Canada and gives the date you shipped. All useful info.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

BTW-- $5.04 to ship stamps?

You can ship 30 grams lettermail domestically for 85cents.

You can ship 50 grams lettermail to the USA for $1.80

You can ship 100 grams lettermail overseas for $5.90

I sell postage under another ID and I use Free Shipping for all my lots, even those I actually ship ExpressPost, tracked and insured.

Free Shipping means including the actual cost of shipping in the asking price.

Which is cheapest:

$5 item with $10 shipping?

$10 item with $5 shipping?

$15 item with Free Shipping?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You are actually right. Getting a tracking number is expensive. I will use free shipping for a dollars more in the price..thanks alot for the hint !
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You may be more risk averse than I. The only items I use tracking on are priced in the hundreds of dollars. And most of those are not eBay sales, although I do offer $1000 face postage lots for about $750. Free Shipping but sent ExpressPost with signature if its a new customer.
Stamps have traditionally been a handshake community. Best example are the books of stamps sent out on approval by dealers and organizations like APS.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply