You'll save 25%, so open your store today

So, after 75 listings have ended with no views and no sales over a 6 week period, I get this from ebay.  You'll save 25%, for the first 4 months, and reduced fvf, so open your store today.  Promising all kinds of great exposure and  traffic to my site.  After all the come-ons,   it says:  COME BACK AND START SELLING AGAIN.   I  NEVER LEFT.  I can only assume, that without a store, listings will not EVER show to those who search.  It looks like blackmail.  Open a store or you will not be visible, so I guess it's time to decide.  If I want to stay, I'll have to knuckle under.  The offer expires April 22.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

My Store is closed at  the end of this month & I got a e-mail today from e-bay  saying if I would reopen the Store I would get 50 % off for 3 months but I am not interested at all.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

As a current store subscriber, I'd appreciate some bone thrown my way too. I'll take it. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I closed my store a couple of months ago due to absolutely abysmal sales and ever increasing "rules" to maintain minimal advantages in fees etc. I too have received emails with offers from eBay. Not a chance I will accept any of them. In my view, eBay has simply become a flea market where larger volume sellers (many of which have actual brick & mortar stores, and their own websites) dump non-selling items on eBay and use it as an advertising platform to direct buyers to their own sites. 

I think eBay is finally realizing that sellers are fed up, and are leaving. To boost their sagging revenue, they are promising the moon - I for one do not believe a word of it. Get you back, then hit you with new fees and insane requirements to maintain any sort of 'premier' status. They are out to enhance their revenue, not yours. I still have a couple of items listed, that have been decent selling products, but essentially have forgotten about eBay and waste no time on it. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply