change a listing from E-Bay Canada to E-Bay U.S.A.

cw_is
Community Member

How do I change a move a listing from E-Bay Canada to the U.S.A. E-Bay website, and then cancel the listing in Canada?  The product was listed in Canada by mistake!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

First cancel the eBay Canada listing. You really don't want to have two active listings for one item!

Cut and paste the description into the eBaydotCOM listing. That's usually the hardest part. Easy to make typos when you are retyping text.

There are enough minor differences between the dotCA and dotCOM listings that it is safest to relist manually.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

First cancel the eBay Canada listing. You really don't want to have two active listings for one item!

Cut and paste the description into the eBaydotCOM listing. That's usually the hardest part. Easy to make typos when you are retyping text.

There are enough minor differences between the dotCA and dotCOM listings that it is safest to relist manually.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

does this mean; always list using www.ebay.com ???
and, what on earth do sellers do
related to deciding how much to charge for shipping
to insure that you can get tracking - expresspost 2 gives tracking, but, NO signature
and, expresspost 1 (for parcel larger than 1 kg gives tracking and signature)
however, a 1.6 kg parcel yesterday cost almost $30.00 (and, $27.00 using a venture card)
this is sure making doing business with canada post, and, ebay very difficult
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

working wonders asked:

does this mean; always list using www.ebay.com ???

No. DotCA is better for Canadian sellers whose items cannot be shipped by LetterPost/Light Packet. The LP services don't vary in cost as much as the parcel services.

and, what on earth do sellers do
related to deciding how much to charge for shipping
to insure that you can get tracking

First we decide if we actually need tracking.
In my own categories (books, postage lots, dress patterns, postcards) my customers are very honest and tend to be able to read. Your experience may differ.
I rarely bother with tracking, but I do self-Insure (Cookie Jar Insurance). This just means adding a few pennies to each price to cover the very very occasional claim of loss or damage. When I get such a claim,I just refund from the Cookie Jar. These claims are one in a thousand.

- expresspost 2 gives tracking, but, NO signature
and, expresspost 1 (for parcel larger than 1 kg gives tracking and signature)

Unless your item sells for over $250 US (and I think currently it may technically be higher for a Paypal claim), Signature is not necessary to win a non-delivery claim. Which is the purpose of having tracking.
And again, tracking is only necessary if you get a lot of claims. Like more than one in 100 sales. For any others, Cookie Jar Insurance covers your costs, if not your bruised feelings.

however, a 1.6 kg parcel yesterday cost almost $30.00 (and, $27.00 using a venture card)
this is sure making doing business with canada post, and, ebay very difficult

Venture is all very well, but there are cheaper rates available. Look into using Paypal shipping labels. These offer discounts from 5% to 18% off PO counter rates on many services.
Or you can use discount mint postage if you find a postage lot seller on eBay. A 20% discount with no shipping or sales tax sound useful? Not to mention any names of course.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply