do I need a business licence to sell scrap gold and jewellery on ebay

do I need a business licence to sell scrap gold and vintage jewelry on ebay

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Your ebay ID locates you in Canada therefore you do not require a commercial license up until you sell for $30,000 per annum, be it a precious metal or other items/collectibles as long as your precious metals are not classified as "raw"(ie. nuggets, ore, etc...) Annum meaning Canadian Fiscal year.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You need to pay taxes.Woman LOL

You may need a municipal license if you are operating a 'business' . Phone your city councillor's office for advice. The staff should be able to tell you.

You certainly, given the product, tell your insurance company. If they are unaware of your business and you have a breakin, you may find they will not cover your losses, even if the losses are domestic (TVs, computers, liquor). 

I would recommend contacting Hugh Woods International about third pary insurance. They cover collectors (including coin and stamp) and dealers and are more aware of the parameters of such businesses, than most household insurers.

You need to keep careful records. Even if you are selling as a hobby /garage sale venture, you may find yourself successful beyond your wildest dreams. And if you are, tell us all how. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply