hiI am new to ebay. I am selling on ebay.ca as I live in Canada but want to sell in US currency.

Does anyone know how I can switch this. Currently I am selling in Canadian funds.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

hiI am new to ebay. I am selling on ebay.ca as I live in Canada but want to sell in US currency.

You have to be using the longer Sell Listing form in order to gain access to USD but you won't be able to revise any current active listings. Currency has to be set as the item is listed or relisted. Please also consider there are Pros and Cons to USD as well as CAD. If you expect your item will sell to an American, then USD is the way to go but the currency conversion may be a buzzkill for any Canadian bidders you might have. 

Also, you pay a higher rate to paypal as it is a foreign currency. This should be factored into the fees you expect to pay. 

As an aside, I had a gander at one of your listings and saw this about postage: "Please note due to the size of these train cars the box for packing will have to be large hence the higher shipping costs. The costs shown in the listing are just a quote and depending on the location may indeed be cheaper but will not be any higher." It's better to find the box it will go into and set Calculated shipping with weight and metric dimensions both via Canada Post. You may be needlessly turning off bidders who shirk at the postage cost and then also you may be setting expectations that postage will be discounted even when it hits cost. 

Good luck as you carry forward. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You definitely need a scale (metric and digital) and a tape measure.

Then use Calculated Shipping so your customer sees before bidding exactly how much she will be paying.

We cannot increase* shipping fees above our advertised S&H fee.

*Well, actually.

If the buyer requests a different, more expensive, service we can charge for that.

If the buyer requests a cheaper, less secure, slower service, we should never never never agree. It will not end well.

And if we accidentally overcharge for shipping, we can refund using Paypal's Send Money. Don't use a direct eBay refund in such a case, it will not end well.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply