how can i revise an item? have tried more action-revise,but doesnt work for me

i am trying to change or revise a listings headline / title , but after

going to "more action" and "revise", it doesn't let me edit my listing and shows me only the "sell on ebay site"

what can i do , to revise my listing and edit it?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

If this is an auction with bids, you cannot Revise.

Is this an active Fixed Price listing or an active auction with no bids?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Have you tried logging out of ebay canada and into ebay australia? I think that's where you have your items listed from? If you have no bids on an item you will be able to edit the listing (without ebay canada kicking you back to a sell new screen). 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

If this is an auction with bids, you cannot Revise.

Is this an active Fixed Price listing or an active auction with no bids?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

click on my ebay, click on summary, click my selling summary, then click on your item, then there should be a revise my item button, click on it.. make your changes, then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on submit revisions..

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

yes if you have bids, there is no way to change the wording in the auction, for obvious reasons. unless you cancell the bids, close the auction and start over with a new auction..

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Have you tried logging out of ebay canada and into ebay australia? I think that's where you have your items listed from? If you have no bids on an item you will be able to edit the listing (without ebay canada kicking you back to a sell new screen). 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Thank you themodernowl. That may work. Yes , sometimes and even during my listing , the screen switches to ebay Canada. Problem is that I have to start all over again with my listing , because I can't post it through Canada.
Now , how can I switch from the Canadian site to the Australian one ? Do you mind helping me here ?
Cheerio, Michael in Queensland (Babinda near Cairns)
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Thank you reallynicestamps.
Usually I enter into an auction with bidding. I tried to revise before any bids , but it always get me into " list new items . "
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

That doesn't work for me and when I take those steps, it brings me to the site "list new items" with no reference to the listing , that I want revised.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi, ebay shouldn't be bouncing you between countries !! The only suggestion I have right now is if you log out of ebay (not just X out of it but log out completely) and try clearing your cache on your computer. Then go to www.ebay.com.au ( don't use any bookmarks to access the australia website, type it in yourself in your web browser) and log back in. Try to revise the one listing, if it still brings you back to a "sell a new item form" you might have to end that listing completely and create a new listing for the same item ( don't use relist or sell similar, just click on SELL at the top of the page and start completely fresh but making sure the web address bar shows ebay.com.au when you create it.)
Message 9 of 9
latest reply