how do i list many items for sale, and what do you mean by location

I would like to find out how to list many items for sale.

I have tried to post but it keeps saying fix the location .I put in my postal code but it is not accepted 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

As a New Seller eBay is going to restrict how many items you can sell until you have an established reputation.

I can not help you with the postal code problem hopefully someone wiser than myself will be along.

However I would not suggest trying to sell at this time I would recommend waiting until after the possible postal disruption has been settled.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I agree on the postal disruption.

Instead spend some time making TEST listings and perhaps asking for critiques.

We're gonna be a really bored bunch of sellers/buyers/posters for a couple of weeks.

If the form won't accept your personal postal code, use the code for your local municipal buildings. Or even the local post OFFICE (not postal outlet).

The purpose of the code is to confirm your location. It is not used as part of your address. Mostly it lets customers know roughly how long delivery will take, and whether or not to expect import fees.

BTW, only use your own location if you will be shipping from there. If you have been sucked into dropshipping, give the location that the products you advertise will be shipped from.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

In addition to the restriction on the number and value of the products you offer, you will learn that your buyers' cleared payments will be Held against your good customer service for 21 days.

This is a buyer protection policy and nothing personal.

You can use the Held funds to buy Paypal shipping labels, which have discounts of 5% to 17% on some tracked services, even before the 21 days are up.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@paulinknetema_0 wrote:

I would like to find out how to list many items for sale.

I have tried to post but it keeps saying fix the location .I put in my postal code but it is not accepted 

Are you trying to list on eBay.CA or on eBay.COM ?

For calculated shipping eBay.CA uses a Canadian postal code (A9A A9A).

eBay.COM requires a USA zip code (99999) for calculated shipping.

-..-

Message 5 of 5
latest reply