is there a way to offer more than one international shipping option?

I live in Canada and would like to offer a US and an International option (shipping to the US with insurance and tracking is considerably cheaper than to Europe etc, and I don't want to scare off US buyers by displaying only International shipping costs, but I also don't want to get International buyers hopes up that shipping to them won't be insanely expensive (which it is 😞 Canada Post sucks!!) When I first sold stuff on here 10 years ago it was possible to offer several options. Any body have hints or tips on how to do this? Thanks 🙂

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I don't want to scare off US buyers by displaying only International shipping costs,

Yes.

Under International Shipping-> Choose Custom Location-> Offer Another Service

This allows you to change either the service or the locations or both.

And there is a separate and lower Rate Card for US and for overseas destinations.

You can even have rates for some overseas destinations that use one service and choose a different service for others.

BUT.

Keep in mind that not every sale is worth having.

Surface shipping is too expensive to use, because your scammer customer will open an Item Not Received dispute before it has a chance to arrive and get his whole payment refunded and the purchase as well.

Untracked shipping is too expensive to use, because your scammer customer will open an Item Not Received dispute and get his whole payment refunded and the purchase as well.

(That being said, I am in a very safe category and rarely use tracking at all. Ask me about Cookie Jar Insurance. )

If your customer can't afford it, he shouldn't buy it.

He wouldn't be buying online if it was available locally.

Personally, I don't believe in giving the customer much choice about shipping services. The service I choose is one that gives me enough protection against fake Claims to keep the scammers at bay.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

And don't forget that for some services, a Paypal shipping label gives you between 5% and 17% off PO counter prices.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Yes, it is. It should be as easy as adding another shipping destination as well as service.

Are you using the new one page Sell Your Item form?

Or trying to list from a mobile device? Personally, I never use the latter so I cannot offer any advice on it. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@flibertygibit775 wrote:

I live in Canada and would like to offer a US and an International option (shipping to the US with insurance and tracking is considerably cheaper than to Europe etc, and I don't want to scare off US buyers by displaying only International shipping costs, but I also don't want to get International buyers hopes up that shipping to them won't be insanely expensive (which it is 😞 Canada Post sucks!!) When I first sold stuff on here 10 years ago it was possible to offer several options. Any body have hints or tips on how to do this? Thanks 🙂

I'll assume you are listing on eBay.CA since you wanted to do calculated shipping using Canada Post.

It depends on which eBay seller listing form you are using. Apparently there is a new eBay one page form (with some serious flaws), an old eBay simple form (with restrictions) and an old eBay advanced form. In addition there are other listing methods.

On the old advanced selling form (which I use):

In the international Section for Ship to: you can select from a dropdown that has "Will ship worldwide" or "Choose custom location" -- if you select custom it will show you the areas you can pick, the United States is one of those choices. Then you select the shipping service to go with that choice (all the Canada Post mail services to the United States have USA as part of the name). You can have up to 5 different international shipping mail services set up.

-..-

Message 4 of 4
latest reply