opening a case after cancelling a transaction, buyer won't respond

I have issued a buyer a refund and opened a case to cancel the transaction to get my final value fees back. The buyer isn't responding to my emails or agreeing to cancel the transaction. The case has been opened for 2 days now and still no response or anything from the buyer. What can I do to get my final value fees back, someone please help me out.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

<<The case has been opened for 2 days now and still no response or anything from the buyer. What

can I do to get my final value fees back, someone please help me out.>>

Hello 'matlob50',

I'm not sure if this will be what you have in mind or not, -- but after only 2 days there is nothing

you can do YET.  You will have to wait for 7 days if the buyer is ignoring you.

You say "no response", so that means the buyer has not declined the cancellation, right?

Well, let's hope he does not decide to decline it at the last minute.  More likely he will do nothing

because most people do not know that when a transaction is cancelled, the buyer has to

click to accept then click to agree. 

Have you seen the following link all about cancellations?  Note where it says "If the buyer doesn't

respond within 7 days, you can close the case and you'll receive a final value fee credit."

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/cancel-transaction-process.html#open

For now, it seems all you can do is wait.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

There is no need to have 3 threads for the one situation. It causes unncessary confusion. In one of your previous threads, you said the buyer refused to return the item. You didn't mention in your first thread that you had sent the item then refunded before getting the item back. If that's the case, the buyer has no incentive to cancel because they got the item for free. In the future, do not refund until after the item has been returned in the same condition it was received.
**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I never sent the item to the buyer, there was some misunderstanding and immediately after the payment, I refunded his money and opened a case to get my final value fees back, you did not answer the question, my question was what can I do now to get my final value fees back since the buyer is not responding to agree to cancel?
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

the main problem now is that the buyer is not agreeing to cancel the transaction, nor is he responding to my emails, so the main question is, what can I do at this point to get my final value fees back?
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

and by the way, I never said that the buyer refused to return the item, I said that the BUYER said: "ebay won't let me return the item", that is just something bogus and silly that the buyer said as an excuse.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

<<The case has been opened for 2 days now and still no response or anything from the buyer. What

can I do to get my final value fees back, someone please help me out.>>

Hello 'matlob50',

I'm not sure if this will be what you have in mind or not, -- but after only 2 days there is nothing

you can do YET.  You will have to wait for 7 days if the buyer is ignoring you.

You say "no response", so that means the buyer has not declined the cancellation, right?

Well, let's hope he does not decide to decline it at the last minute.  More likely he will do nothing

because most people do not know that when a transaction is cancelled, the buyer has to

click to accept then click to agree. 

Have you seen the following link all about cancellations?  Note where it says "If the buyer doesn't

respond within 7 days, you can close the case and you'll receive a final value fee credit."

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/cancel-transaction-process.html#open

For now, it seems all you can do is wait.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Don't panic.

If he ignores the request, it can be closed without his input.

DON"T for heaven's sake, bug him about it.

He may decide to refuse. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply