sales limit if sale is cancelled?

You've cancelled 3 sales this month. My limit is C$6100.00. The total for all the items I'm selling is C3830.46 which would leave an unused portion to be C$2269.54. When I try to list another item you tell me that my limit is C$500. The item I wanted to list is for about C$600.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

sales limit if sale is cancelled?

This is a member to member Board.  EBay employees rarely look at this.

You would be best to phone eBay and ask about your problems.

Pee first, and bring a book or some kntting. You may be on Hold a lot.

You should know that new sellers have a lot of restrictions. This a Buyer Protection policy.  The one that startles newbies most is that Paypal will Hold your customers' cleared payments for 21 days against your performance.

This goes on for some time, usually a certain number of sales, but the numbers are higher in high value/ high fraud categories-- like watches.

Were your three listings cancelled by eBay? Or did they close without a sale?

The latter is understandable since you are selling expensive items with no feedback -- which is a record of trustworthiness. Just an indication of customer wariness.  The usual suggestion is to do some buying to build your feedback. Packing materials are a good choice.

If they were cancelled, there is a bigger problem. Look at the reasons eBay gave you for cancelling. This may be why your value limit was reduced.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply