Getting"Unexpected response error" when connecting new shippo login to existing canada post account

Hello,

I was just trying to setup a Shippo account after clicking the link from an ebay communication.

The Shippo account creation started with a step to sync ebay orders which succeeded after authenticating with ebay. I got stuck on the next step tough; adding my existing canada post account information, but I'm able to log into the account over at canadapost.ca.

I'm entering my customer number and postal code, but I'm getting the unexpected response error as seen at (or attached):

https://snag.gy/ZmqQ4I.jpg

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Getting"Unexpected response error" when connecting new shippo login to existing canada post account

FYI, despite not finishing the account creation process my Shippo account was created and when adding a carrier - canada post - the process was successful that way.

It found the canada post business account without creating a new one which I feared might have happened.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

wait, i dont understand. How do i fix this issue? I'm having the same thing happen

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@ritz_kat

Are you saying that you have already created an account but can't get past that screen in the screenshot? Are you clicking on Connect Existing?

If not that's not what you mean, it might help if you provide more information.

The post that you are replying to is from July so that poster may not be following this thread now and may not see your question.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

siludin
Community Member

I am having this same dumb issue. I can't get past this screen. I am not a business and I don't want to have to enter business information, but I also can't leave it blank. I type in some fakename for the business and it says Unexpected response error. I am not using any shipping service that should require a business account. I am using Canada Post's Small Packet USA – Air which is a personal non-business service.

I just want to ship my package but this garbage Shippo system is ruining my day. Why can't I just directly print my shipping label?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

You can have your integrated Canada Post and PayPal accounts work for all your online shipping if so desired. I have never signed up for Shippo and now that there are no more discounts than what your Canada Post account gives you anyway, there is not the same advantage using Shippo over PayPal. Labels can be purchased through PayPal same as before eBay introduced Shippo.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Have you tried putting your name in where it says business name? As far as I know you need a CP small business account to print a label using Shippo,  Paypal or Snapship.  You could also sign up for a small business account through the Canada Post site and then you would have to link it to your Shippo and Paypal account.

Or..you can print a label through Canada Post online shipping but you have to first sign up for a Canada Post online account.   Click on create shipping label on the following link:

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/personal/sending/parcels/ship-online.page

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

... Labels can be purchased through PayPal same as before eBay introduced Shippo.

Partly true.

Some Canada Post shipping services are not available through PayPal.

And Tracked Packet has never had the available country list updated on PayPal.

Plus Shippo allows the purchase of additional insurance (for example on Small Packet Air which comes with none) from a third party insurance company.

-..-

Message 8 of 8
latest reply