How to get a refund from Shippo for unused label?

Spent almost 2 hours trying to get a label for Small Pkt from Shippo this morning. Finally got the label to print but it had errors so just went to the post office and purchased there where it cost me an extra 2 dollars. So frustrating! Do I contact Shippo or Canada Post for a refund of unused label?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@vintagenorth wrote:

Spent almost 2 hours trying to get a label for Small Pkt from Shippo this morning. Finally got the label to print but it had errors so just went to the post office and purchased there where it cost me an extra 2 dollars. So frustrating! Do I contact Shippo or Canada Post for a refund of unused label?

Shippo is the one to deal with -- not Canada Post.

Go to your Shipments section on goShippo.

Ship details.jpg

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

@vintagenorth wrote:

Shippo is the one to deal with -- not Canada Post.

Go to your Shipments section on goShippo.

Ship details.jpg

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Thank you dennis!

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

What sort of problems are you having and how would the information be wrong.? Maybe someone here can help for future labels. I have found Shippo fairly seamless so far.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Hi,

any help please...I was able to refund the label I printed (I input incorrect info and wanted to print a new one with the correct info)...it shows as refund pending which is fine...but when I go to print a new one, it shows as already shipped. If I "create another label" will that work?

Thanks!!

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@caspianpearl wrote:

Hi,

any help please...I was able to refund the label I printed (I input incorrect info and wanted to print a new one with the correct info)...it shows as refund pending which is fine...but when I go to print a new one, it shows as already shipped. If I "create another label" will that work?

No idea.

Shippo does have to keep track of refunded labels to make sure they are not used.

You'll have to ask the folks at Shippo if you can print a new one without screwing up your refund.

Try: ebay-ca-support@goshippo.com

The alternative is to go to the Canada Post website and buy a label with either Snap Ship or EST Online. You need: to copy and paste the address, have a credit card, and manually update the eBay sale info.

-..-

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I just had a problem trying to get a label cancelled. I truied the link in the orders list but when I pressed it it it then showed "Refund Rejected". with a question mark on the side. When I click the question mark, nothing happen. Really frustrating. i cantacted support and now I have to  wait for a reply. I also saw somehwre that they don't refund but just give a credit for future labels...

I didn't printed the label yet and my buyer saked to cancel the sale. Since I don't like forcing people buying something they don't want I told my buyer I will gladly cancel the order since i didn't ship yet. On top of it I made a mistake when creating the label cause I forget to click on inches instead of cm.

i really hate shippo sor far cause we can't see all the measurement and weights while we click the buy label link. When we click it there is no confirmation of all the info before really buying. Adn if we go back everything disapear and we have to enter all the info again. Really poorly designed webstite very far to be to the ebay level. Ebay should really change their shipping label provider.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Shippo told me that i will get only a credit for future labels in 3 weeks (14 business days).

Why was there a refund link when we can't get a refund even without using their labels???

I tried to make my point by replying to their emails but they didn't even bother to reply again. They have no phone number (even they ebay representative to whom I speak over the phone couldn'tfind one. I tried their chat service and it didn't work. There was a chat box asking me to write my story which I did but i never got any reply. Then it was saying we are not there, try again later...

Why did ebay even chose shippo as a partner??? So unprofessional and poorly designed...

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Here is how the screen looks like when Shippo processed a refund. As you can see I made a small packet label twice on July 27. I made an error with the first label so I asked for a refund on the first one (which says "refunded" now). I was charged $13.78 x 2 back then.

Currently under my unbilled item there is a -$13.78 indicating a credit to my Shippo account. I just created a new $17.97 label today, so I'm assuming that next time Shippo bills me, I will be billed $17.97-$13.78 = $4.19.

So far I do find Shippo pretty easy to use, but I do agree with most others who said it'd be more convenient if Shippo bills us right away instead of doing billing every two (?) weeks. My bill is easy to check since I don't sell much, but for someone who's a volume seller it'd be more difficult to follow. And yes, adding a confirmation screen before committing to buying the label would be useful too.

shippo.jpg

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

joce_strob:  Canada Post has been metric for many many years, and you should be using cm and kg, since they are much more precise and you may be paying more than required when using inches and pounds.  I find it easy enough to confirm the info I have entered prior to clicking the buy the label link.  Yesterday I had forgotten something, and was able to go back to the previous screen, and my info was all still there.

I had a question when I first started using Shippo, and received an answer almost immediately from customer support, along with a follow-up query the next day to confirm that my question was answered to my satisfaction.  So I'm satisfied with the support I have received.

zee-chan:  I bought a label yesterday, was billed immediately and the funds came out of my PayPal account immediately.  The last label I bought that had a delay in taking funds from PayPal was purchased July 5th, payment was taken out July 12th.  Since then I have purchased about 10 labels and all were immediately paid for through PayPal.

I did have a glitch when I started using Shippo, but that got corrected with my question to CS support.  I don't buy a lot of labels, but I find it easy to use, and the good price point for Small Packets US Air is helpful.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@maggiebvintage2010 wrote:

Yesterday I had forgotten something, and was able to go back to the previous screen, and my info was all still there.

Can I ask how you managed that? Because me too, when I have to correct something, I loose everything. Because there is no "back" button on my screen. I have to use the back button from the browser and I loose all the info... I use the latest version of Firefox.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Sorry, "lady.stark", I cannot remember exactly what I did.  I have not yet updated to the latest Firefox - I usually wait several weeks until most of the glitches have been identified and corrected.  I do use an iMac, and don't know if that makes a difference.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I got similar experience as joce_strob - Pending refund and I can't even create a new shipment and order. Eventually I have to go to a local Canada Post and pay the full (no discount) price. 2nd, Shippo shows the price I paid is International Air, but the shipping label printed out is showing International Surface. 3rd, I called ebay and hoped the reps could help. The line was obviously directed to Philipine and they have no clue what is Shippo!! 4th, as joce_strob said, there is only minimal support from Shippo. M-F office hour and no online chat. For an online business, it is really obsolete. My suggestion is to ask ebay to split up with Shippo, or they both stay away from me. Goodbye ebay.
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I continue to use PayPal shipping labels(integrated with my Canada Post Solutions for Small Business Account) which gives me a small discount, plus the ability to pay with PayPal. I also use Canada Post Snap Ship as needed (payment  by credit card). Both these methods are efficient, convenient and easier than going directly to a postal outlet counter where it is always extra busy at this time of year.(and who really wants to spend their time standing in line?)

Message 14 of 14
latest reply