Light Packet

tch_ca
Community Member

Any particular reason why Shippo dropped "Light Packet"?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Light Packet

Light Packet has not been available from Shippo nor has it been available through PayPal or Canada Post online shipping for some time now. Light Packet is now available only at postal outlets.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Light Packet

Keep in mind that in addition to the LP shipping labels the clerk will print out for you, you can use the rate anytime by writing LIGHT PACKET  on your shipment and paying with postage stamps.

Which are available at a discount from various eBay sellers. *cough cough*.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Light Packet

@tch_ca wrote:

Any particular reason why Shippo dropped "Light Packet"?

Shippo has never had Light Packet.

PayPal used to have Light Packet when they were handling the old eBay discounted rates (to June/2017). The direct deal PayPal now has with Canada Post excludes Light Packet.

Canada Post is discouraging the use of Light Packet. The only places to get Light Packet are over-the-counter or by using postage stamps (and adding a CN22 label). It is not available online.

Your online Light Packet alternative for eBay sales is Small Packet via Shippo. The advantages: can be thicker than 2cm, has a bar code that the postal outlet can give you a printed originate scan for.

To USA:
001-200g ..  6.84 Light Packet
001-250g ..  7.05 Small Packet (via Shippo)
201-300g ..  8.60 Light Packet
251-500g ..  9.25 Small Packet (via Shippo)

301-500g .. 11.75 Light Packet
USA Light packet saves a few cents for the 1-200g and the 251-300g weight ranges.

International (UK/Western Europe):
001-250g ..  8.29 .. Small packet (air) (via Shippo)
001-200g .. 10.10 .. Light Packet
201-300g .. 13.46 .. Light Packet
251-500g .. 15.?? .. Small packet (air) (via Shippo)
301-500g .. 24.57 .. Light Packet

International Light packet only saves money for the 251-300g weight range.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Light Packet

Dropped off an Expedited package this afternoon (Snap Ship, because Shippo will not work for me) and asked the women behind the counter if they had heard of the service.

Nope.

I told them I would see what I could find for them. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Light Packet

@reallynicestamps wrote:

... asked the women behind the counter if they had heard of the service.  Nope. ...

*sigh*

You can point them at the price pages labeled Small Packet.

Pages 21 and 35 of the Canada Post Prices - 2017 Consumer (Counter) Prices PDF document

https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/prices/CPprices-e.pdf

-..-

Message 6 of 6
latest reply